How do you get noticed by employers on Ivy Exec? It’s simple. Having helped design the system and using it for many years, I have my own short list of best practices that will get your Ivy Exec profile noticed by employers. And getting noticed is a critical first step in getting more job offers…
Improve Your Ivy Exec Profile With These 7 Easy Tips
- Fine tune your profile after registering – After joining Ivy Exec, the first thing you should do is log into the site and edit your profile. (You can access your profile under “My Profile” under “Home” on your dashboard after logging in.) Sometimes the automated system doesn’t recognize everything on your resume (special formatting can be particularly problematic) so make sure all your information was captured and is displayed correctly.
- Sync with LinkedIn – On the top right of your profile there will be an option to “Sync with LinkedIn.” This sync will save you time going over the data manually, and will also import your picture from LinkedIn. In the future, when you change data on your LinkedIn profile, it will automatically sync with your Ivy Exec profile. A time saving benefit of syncing is that you’ll be able to see which one of your LinkedIn connections works at a specific company when you browse our jobs.
- A photo is a must – Upload a clear head shot photo to your Ivy Exec profile. You can upload it from your computer, or by syncing with LinkedIn, as mentioned in the previous tip. When employers search through Ivy Exec members, they see search results similar to Google’s, but each Ivy Exec result has a profile picture next to it. An employer is more likely to click on your profile and review your details when a personal photo is displayed.
- Update your location – I recommend putting in the location where you’d like to work. For example, if you currently live in New York, but want to move to San Francisco, identify San Francisco as your location. This way you will be grouped into searches by employers in that geographic area. Once you get a foot in the door, you will have time to explain your specific situation.
- Keywords are crucial – Employers most often search using keywords. So, make sure your Ivy Exec profile has the most relevant keywords for the job you’re targeting. If an employer searches by keywords and then clicks on your profile, those keywords will be highlighted.
- Don’t forget to fill out “Industries” and “Functions” – Please select between 3 and 5 relevant Industries and Functions (each) because some employers do Industry/Function searches, rather than keyword searches.
- Get help with your profile – If you don’t have the time, or don’t know where to start, Ivy Exec offers a service called The Elite Package where they not only update your Ivy Exec profile, but also have an industry-specialized expert redo your resume.
If you follow these tips, you will show up in more search results for employers and start getting relevant offers. So don’t wait…edit your profile and make your Ivy Exec profile work for you!