Meet Rudi Strobl, a mid-market private equity CEO and Operating Executive who has fueled more than $1.5B in enterprise value creation through acquisitions and restructurings in the U.S. and Europe.
Rudi’s career experiences have taken him across multiple industries and geographies, instilling a focus on people, process and outcomes that prepared him for leadership roles in the later stage of his career. Rudi is Ivy Exec’s Featured Mentor for February.
In a interview from February 26th, Rudi shared some of the lessons he’s learned along the way, including:
- The pros and cons of a generalist vs. a specialist career track and how they can co-exist
- The challenges and opportunities of building your career in a foreign country
- Why having a career plan with built-in optionality is essential
- How to abbreviate your career learning curve and avoid blind alleys
- How you can build more job satisfaction into your career
Rudi Strobl is a mid-market private equity CEO and Operating Executive who works with private equity funds focused on making control investments in companies across a diverse range of manufacturing industries. Often these companies are experiencing a period of transition, or are challenged to make immediate and significant changes. Most recently, Rudi was with Platinum Equity where he served as CEO of portfolio companies and led operational interventions, as well as the integration of bolt-on acquisitions. Rudi is a native of Austria and holds a Ph.D. from the University of Salzburg.