Are you struggling when it comes to staying focused at work while changing careers?
We often hear people say their job search or career change stalls and peters out because they’re so focused on their current job.
But as you build momentum in your quest for a more fulfilling or better career, the fact of the matter is that you may be more prone to making mistakes or otherwise slipping (e.g forgetting to prep for important meetings, delays in getting back to clients). Because you have a high standard of work (and don’t want to get fired or do wrong by your co-workers too!), how DO you keep your current job in check while searching for something new?
This class will provide you with tools and tips to keep your job top of mind when you’ve got a foot out the door and covers:
- Time management and prioritization tips to ensure you get the most important things done…and done well
- An exercise to help you gauge whether you can delegate to others and how to do it
- Mindfulness techniques and tools to help you stay focused
- Scripts and approaches to talk to colleagues and your manager to address your situation
- An exercise on creating appropriate boundaries surrounding your day job
Jill Ozovek is a certified career coach in New York City. Her practice focuses on helping Millennial and mid-career women find and develop careers that align with their passions.