Did you know that right now, it’s possible for you to land a 6-figure job without having to make sure your resume includes all the keywords?
I’ll explain how in just a second.
But first, let’s talk about why so many people think this is impossible.
The truth is that you’ve been LET DOWN.
Let down by so many resume writing experts who want you to believe that tweaking your resume to align with every keyword in the job description is the key to landing an interview.
And on the surface, I get it. It sounds logical. Recruiters enter keywords into their applicant tracking systems to look for ideal candidates. If you have the right keywords your resume gets selected from hundreds of others.
But let me just come right out and say it: that’s not how recruiters work. Here’s why:
- Recruiters use applicant tracking systems (ATS) primarily for TRACKING candidates. That means they are not doing keyword searches for the words you took so much time to craft.
- They likely already have both internal and external candidates lined up for the role. So if you’re tweaking your resume to apply for a posted position you’re too late to the party.
- Smaller corporations which many senior-level marketing executives are attracted to, don’t use ATS, which means you wasted more time incorporating keywords.
But the biggest reason of all is recruiters bring in candidates they know, like and trust. And spending time trying to get just the right keywords is an absolute tragedy because no amount of keywords are going to make you get noticed more than someone they actually know or was referred in.
So if that’s the old and DUMB way…what’s the new and SMART way?
Simple: Develop an ATTRACTIVE HIRING PROPOSITION
Here’s why this is BRILLANT:
- When you hone in on what you UNIQUELY do best and align it with your target company’s business issues, YOU immediately demonstrate how you’re the solution. Interview requests will be coming to you.
- When your network has a clear understanding of the value you bring to an organization they will become your advocate.
- You won’t feel desperate when you reach out for help because you’ll have confidence in the value you provide.
And the best part is once you create your attractive hiring proposition it serves as the framework for all your career marketing materials AND the root of the stories you’ll share on interviews. Tweaking your resume, spending countless hours searching for the right keywords and prepping for every interview from scratch will be a thing of the past.
Do you see how powerful that is?
Here’s the thing, though: no one else is teaching this. And the ones that are, don’t really understand it.
You can learn more about this and the four other shifts my clients make to land 6-figure jobs in this free training.
When you stop being a slave to applicant tracking systems and keywords you’ll gain a ton of time back to start doing more productive job search strategies like reaching out to your network. Get a head start on your competition today!
Looking for More Support on Resumes?
Check out Our Collection of Resume-focused Articles