Dear Ivy Exec Members, Happy New Year and welcome to 2019!
Going forward, I would like to help you make your today, better than your yesterday. At the start of a new year, many of us take the time to look back on where we have been in order to plot the course toward where we would like to be by year’s end. Whether or not “new year resolutions” are your thing, we are all resolving in some way, shape, or form to make improvements in both our personal and professional lives.
Whether you are looking to change jobs, switch up your career entirely, learn a new skill, or get that long sought after promotion, we all have designs on self-improvement to become the best version of our professional selves. As a regular gym-goer, I am used to seeing my local gym bursting at the seams in January with new faces looking to make changes to their physiques. I’d like to invite you to join the Ivy Exec gym where you can give your career a workout — I’ll be your trainer.
To help you meet your goals, I am excited to announce that I will be publishing articles and webinars under the “Your Best Professional Self Series” banner, from January through to March. Some of these articles will also be pinned to the “Must Reads” section of the blog homepage, located on the right-hand side of the homepage for easy access going forward. This article will also serve as a home base/repository to contain the collection of these articles and webinars as they are published over time (scroll down). Feel free to bookmark it and return often!
Nii Ato Bentsi-Enchill, MA. Ed.M
Senior Content Manager | Ivy Exec
Your Best Professional Self Series
Age-Proofing Your Brand: How to Play the Game Your Way
[REGISTER for this UPCOMING Webinar (Jan. 29th @ 12pm ET]
- Ageism is a very real thing, and it holds back the careers of passionate, highly qualified people every day. But it doesn’t have to be this way! You’ll learn, the MUST DO Resume change that will completely transform the amount of attention you receive, the “beacons of trust” you can activate on LinkedIn to quickly build credibility with decision-makers, the greatest defense you have against ageism, and more…
Why You Need to Be a Thought Leader – and the Relaxed Way to Become One
[REGISTER for this UPCOMING Webinar (Feb. 5th @ 12pm ET)]
- If you’re looking for a great way to build your brand and reputation in your field, one wise way to do that is to become known as a thought leader. You will learn: What a thought leader is, why it matters for you to become one, a relaxed approach to developing your thought leadership and how to gain recognition in a fast and fun way, even if you’re an introvert.
- What is confidence? What does professional confidence “look” like. And, once you understand what “it is,” how can you exude your own professional confidence in work settings? We’ll explore this in part 1 of a two-part series on confidence in the workplace.
- Confidence is a major contributing factor to accomplishing our goals and how we are perceived in the workplace— but it’s not a naturally occurring trait in all of us. For those who already feel confident but want to build, and those who don’t feel confident and sorely need to develop this muscle, here are 6 tips to help you progress.
- If you’re an introvert, you have a lifetime of experience living in a world that’s more suited to extroverts. You have adapted ways to manage in your personal life, but your preference can become especially challenging when you are an introvert in an extrovert job. Here are 5 practical tips to help you navigate better.
- Today’s employers are, more than ever, seeking certain soft skills or personal characteristics that they believe will be signs of an excellent employee. What are the top soft skills in the workplace and what can you do to improve your performance in these areas? Read on and we’ll show you.