Dear Ivy Exec Members,
My name is Nii Ato Bentsi-Enchill and I am currently the Sr. Content Manager for Ivy Exec. You have undoubtedly achieved your career success to date through a combination of hard work, ambition, and the occasional dose of good fortune. Many of you have never really had to look for a job before, and I know this as fact, having spoken directly to thousands of you during the 4.5 years I spent as the Sr. Career Advisor here.
Regardless of the career stage at which I met you, a shared trait I observed among all of you was the desire to continue with career advancement and upward mobility in your function, sector, and industry. This said, many of you I spoke to found themselves hitting a wall in some aspect of their career progression. For some, it was trying to determine which skills to focus on upgrading or certifications to obtain. Others were vacillating between seeking an internal promotion or testing the waters of the job market to get ahead. Regardless of the circumstances, the key driver was and remains, the desire to advance.
Against this backdrop, I am excited to announce an upcoming content series centered around the theme of “Advancing on the Job,” (AOTJ). From April through June, I will be publishing posts and conducting webinars under this theme to support you in your career advancement ambitions. Look out for article titles ending with the “[AOTJ]” tag. Some of these articles will also be pinned to the “Must Reads” section of the blog home page for easy access going forward (see image below). This article will also serve as a home base/repository to contain the collection of these articles as they are published (scroll to the bottom).
I look forward to embarking on this journey with you and continuing to support your needs through content. If you ever have any suggestions or feedback about the Ivy Exec Insights blog or newsletter and how it can better serve you, please reach out to me via: niiatoB@ivyexec.com.
Nii Ato Bentsi-Enchill, MA. Ed.M
Senior Content Manager | Ivy Exec
Advancing On The Job Article Series:
- Getting a promotion is more in your control than you might think. Of course, hard work and excellence are required, but visibility and positioning also count. Here is how action around “pre-suasion” and other tangible steps can stack the deck in your favor.
- You undoubtedly work hard every day to advance and hopefully land a promotion – but are you also working smart? Watch this webinar to learn practical strategies around self-promotion that will position you for career success.
- In part 1 of this 4-part series on self-promotion in your career, we’ll explore the fundamental question of, “why bother?” when it comes to this perceived ‘self-aggrandizing’ activity. Unless you wish to stay in the same role forever, please…read on…
- In part 2 of the “Self-promotion series,” we focus on practical ways to overcome any fears or misgivings you have about self-promotion, with specific mindset shifts & directives on what to do.
- In part 3 of this self-promotion series, we get down to business to explore 3 specific strategies you can start implementing immediately to support your ambitions of promotion.
- Getting onto the right project can do wonders for your career by positioning you for promotion — but how do you select the right one(s)? Here are a set of practical questions that will help you examine ‘what you can get’ and ‘what you can give’, to help you choose wisely.