San Diego, CA, USA | Republic Services
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
POSITION SUMMARY:The Account Manager is responsible for proactively maintaining and retaining relationships with existing customers for permanent commercial and industrial waste services in an assigned territory. Additionally, the Account Manager is required to increase the level of penetration in his or her existing customer base by selling the full suite of Republic Services products.
- Effectively maintains and retains existing customers by building effective long-term relationships and customer loyalty.
- Develops and maintains a thorough knowledge of the Company’s available services, lines of business, pricing structures, and offers additional services as appropriate to assigned existing customers.
- Performs contractual re-signs on existing customers to extend customer relationship and increase customer profitability where appropriate.
- Responds to all cancellation requests in alignment with the established escalation policy.
- Proactively communicates with or responds to customers in support of company pricing initiatives.
- Utilizes Salesforce on a daily basis, schedules and documents all activities such as calls, meetings and proposals.
- Responsible for capturing customer emails, minimizing rate restrictions and customer credits.
- Increases customer penetration by selling full suite of Republic Services products.
- Regularly meets with Sales Manager to review weekly customer retention and relationship activities, progress versus goals and status of key customer relationships.
- Partners with the operations team, when needed, to address customer services issues.
- Builds relationships and increases Company visibility through participation in Company-sponsored activities, trade shows, chamber of commerce events and other similar activities.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
- Waste or transportation industry experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree or 3 years of relevant sales experience. (Required)
- Minimum of 1 year of relevant sales experience. (Required)
- Valid driver’s license. (Required)
Why choose Republic?
Joining Republic isn’t just about taking on a new job, it’s about making a commitment to create a more sustainable world together. Our people provide an essential service, serving and impacting customers, neighborhoods, and communities everywhere.
As a company, we are proud of our values and encourage those who share in our aspirations to join our team:
- We protect our colleagues and communities through safe practices everywhere, every day.
- We are committed to serving our customers and communities by going above and beyond to exceed expectations.
- We take action to improve neighborhoods and communities by being environmentally responsible and creating a more sustainable world.
- We are driven to deliver results in the right way.
- We encourage a human centered culture that honors the unique potential and dignity of every person.
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified.Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Already a member? Sign In