Accounting Advisory Managing Director
Austin, TX, USA | Cherry Bekaert LLP
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:72 people have viewed this job
Ranked among the largest accounting and consulting firms in the country, Cherry Bekaert delivers innovative and sophisticated advisory, assurance, and tax services to our clients. We seek an Accounting Advisory Managing Director who will assist in the growth and management of the Accounting Advisory domain. This role may be based out of most of our offices with preference for our Austin, Los Angeles, South Florida or Washington, DC locations, or possibly remote for the right individual.
Our Risk & Accounting Advisory Services (RAAS) group serves our Advisory and Audit practices by helping clients to evaluate, understand, and address operational, financial, compliance, IT, and strategic risk. We provide Accounting Advisory, Risk Advisory, and Information Assurance & Cybersecurity services. RAAS typically works with mid-size to large public and private commercial clients to provide a full spectrum of risk advisory and control services in diverse business environments across a variety of industries.
Our Advisory business is booming and to continue this success, we seek a strategic builder, with strong business acumen, to direct and lead growth, resource utilization, and the client service delivery processes for engagements including, but not limited to:
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- IPO and IPO Readiness
- Accounting Operations Model Design & Process Improvement
- Lease Standard Implementation (ASC 842)
- CECL Implementation (ASC 326)
- Segment Reporting
- Buy & Sell Diligence Support
- IFRS / US GAAP Conversions
- Finance Support
- Bitcoin and cryptocurrency accounting
As a Accounting Advisory Managing Director, you will:
- Consistently grow the practice through expansion of services to existing clients and obtaining new clients.
- Develop and drive client capture strategies and account plans.
- Ensure that services delivered are of the highest quality and consistently applied across clients.
- Manage profitability of engagements, including (but not limited to) staffing levels, utilization, salaries, billing rates, realization, WIP, accounts receivable, and controllable expenses, to achieve excellent financial results, including meeting or exceeding budget.
- Recruit, develop and retain domain staff.
What you bring to the role:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and CPA required.
- 10+ years of experience within a public accounting firm or industry environment performing audit, accounting or consulting services required.
- Demonstrated experience providing consulting to clients with respect to relevant technical accounting standards, accounting operations, use of technology, and the creation of effective business processes.
- Diverse background but experience and interest in specific industries, preferably technology, government contracting, or industrial, or emerging areas such as bitcoin / cryptocurrency accounting or ESG.
- Candidate's strongest traits must be in client service and business development, leading to growth.
- Strong relationship development and management skills, underscored by effective communication to all levels of client and firm personnel, as well as the ability to influence and motivate.
- Excellent problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrated ability to embrace and leverage technology.
What you can expect from us:
- Shared values, including uncompromising integrity, a passion for excellence, and mutual respect
- The opportunity to innovate and do work that motivates and engages you
- Collaborative environment focused on your career growth and continuous professional development
- Competitive compensation and a total rewards package that focuses on all aspects of your wellbeing
- Flexibility to do impactful work and the time to enjoy your life outside of work
Already a member? Sign In