Accounting and Reporting Director
London, United Kingdom | Visa
Functions:Accounting / Control
Financial Services Professional
Job Description:126 people have viewed this job
Job Description and Responsibilities
This role sits in Visa's European Controllership team, which is responsible for the accounting of all Europe business functions, Corporate Accounting activities and regional statutory reporting. The team is part of the broader Global Controllership function within Global Finance. This role reports to the Sr. Director of Corporate Accounting and Reporting in London and will beresponsible for financial reporting and technical accounting in Visa Europe cluster countries (all those excluding UK and France), plus all change management including integration on newly acquired entities and new entity set ups. This role will initially have four direct reports with potential in the future for additional reports due to acquisition, increased legal entities or reorganization of responsibilities. The four direct reports will be the Accountant for newly acquired entities Bell ID (Token ID) and ECEBs Limited, the Integration and Continuous Improvement Manager role, the Controller in SE Europe and a new Cluster Controller role. These roles are largely based outside of the UK.
This position is responsible for the completeness, accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting for the majority of Visa Europe’s continental subsidiaries’ (excluding FBL cluster). This includes US GAAP monthly reporting and annual audited local statutory financial statements. This role serves as an additional subject matter expert providing technical accounting analysis and guidance to the business for IFRS/US GAAP accounting. This role will be a key lead for Visa Europe’s relationship with its external auditors in the execution of their financial review and audit for all Visa Europe countries except for UK/FBL entities.
This role will also be responsible for all aspects of the month-end close for the same entities with a key focus on ensuring tax related matters such as VAT and Corporation tax are in Compliance by working hand in hand with the tax team. The role will have a strong relationship with the ‘HUB’ accounting team, ensuring all consolidated processes such as payroll accounting and fixed assets accurately reflect the correct position for all entities. The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of pertinent IFRS and US GAAP, the ability to work with cross-functional teams, manage within tight deadlines, exemplify excellent problem-solving skills, demonstrate exceptional verbal/written communication skills and implement processes to improve operational efficiency. The successful candidate must operate with a strong sense of ownership and urgency.
This role is also responsible for leading change management within Accounting. This includes the integration of previously acquired businesses eg Visa Payments Limited (VPL – formerly Earthport), Cybersource, Payworks, Fraedom, Plaid onto Visa systems and processes, reorganizing other legal entities to the requirements and setting up new entities as well as closing others.
· Implementation in Visa Europe of new accounting standards (IFRS and US GAAP)
· Advice and interpretation of all Visa accounting policies
· Responsible for the preparation of statutory accounts including financial statements and required disclosures ensuring timely filing with regulators by deadlines
· Ownership of all local statutory audits, developing and leading teams through internal timelines and plans.Agree plans internally with auditors, and ensuring that all queries and issues related to the audit are resolved, escalating issues to line manager
· Partner with cluster FBPs and Legal to ensure compliance with regional statutory reporting regulations and prepare the statutory filings.
· Main contact for EY in terms of preparation of financial statements
Month-end Close and Ad-hoc Projects
· Review and approve journal entries and balance sheet account reconciliations prepared by team and cover as required for other teams
· Responsible for reviewing monthly/quarterly/annual balance sheet and income statement analytics as part of the close
· Maintain schedules and reconciliations of IFRS and US GAAP adjustments
· Act as a project lead to a variety of cross-functional or process enhancement projects including planning, leading and execution with a focus on integration and new entities
· Provide coaching, mentoring, and developmental feedback to direct reports and indirect reports helping to shape team culture and develop staff
ACA or ACCA qualification and at extensive, progressive professional accounting experience, preferably in both a public accounting firm and a publicly listed company
Knowledge of VAT and local tax matters
Preparation and review of statutory accounts and interaction with auditors
Thorough knowledge of US GAAP and IFRS, strong technical writing skills and experience in the implementation and handling of complex accounting matters
Strong analytical and critical thinking skills to be able to “connect the dots” and approach issue resolution with a “forward-looking” view to anticipate and address problems
Strong interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent written, oral, listening and presentational skills and ability to work well under pressure and interact at all levels as a thought-partner
Well-developed problem solving skills and ability to apply sound judgment in order to:
facilitate problem identification;
generate alternative solutions;
adapt to changing situations; and
manage issues to a successful resolution
Welcomes challenging/complex projects and demonstrates self as a change agent with an ability for working "smarter not harder" by making continuous improvement to the efficiency of processes he/she contributes to
Experience in people management and leading others; ability to set the “tone” and provide coaching and mentoring to more junior staff
Preferred Skills & Experience
Proficient in internal controls and Sarbanes-Oxley
Oracle and Hyperion experience a bonus but not required
Strong Excel skills
Already a member? Sign In