Analyst I, Asset Management Academy
Birmingham, AL, USA | Greystone & Co.
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:68 people have viewed this job
Greystone is a private national commercial real estate finance company with an established reputation as a leader in multifamily and healthcare finance, with over $18.3 billion in loan originations in 2021. The firm consistently ranks in the Top 10 for Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac multifamily loan originations and is the #1 FHA commercial lender in the country. Greystone also ranks nationally as a top affordable housing, seniors housing, and small balance loan lender. A highly philanthropic company, Greystone donates more than half of its profits to charity each year.
Greystone is seeking an Analyst to join our Asset Management Academy, a developmental program, where an individual would establish and grow a strong understanding of the responsibilities in Asset Management. In addition to a rigorous training regimen, the position would serve to provide analytical and customer service support across our Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac portfolios. Upon completion, Analysts would be positioned for success in a multitude of possible internal roles suited to their own, individual strengths. We will consider individuals who would like to work remotely.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Spread and analyze monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statements and rent rolls to assess property performance.
- Assist with the quality control review of financial statement reporting prior to submission to the investor.
- Monitor loan trends related to financial analysis and property conditions
- Assist with the quality control review of inspection reporting prior to submission to the investor.
- Prepare and upload inspection reports to the investors on a regular basis to meet deadlines.
- Verify accuracy of servicing system data against specified loan documents (i.e. Loan Agreement, Underwriting Narrative, Appraisal, etc.).
- Process disbursement requests for replacement reserve escrows
- Perform regular communication with internal and external clients related to replacement reserves.
- Abstract Pooling & Servicing Agreements and Subservicing Agreements for reference by FM Asset Management Team.
- Work closely with authorized borrower personnel, investors, asset managers and senior management to obtain documentation needed to assist in the preparation of risk memos for consent requests.
- Conduct a review and approval of the following consent types, but not limited to:
- Fannie Mae Required Repair Completion Date Extensions
- Property Management Changes
- Complete property valuations on underperforming assets to assist in determining potential losses.
- Perform low risk property site inspections to ensure appropriate maintenance practices by Borrowers (as required)
- Other responsibilities and duties as assigned.
Experience, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Real Estate, Accounting, Economics, or a minimum of 1+ years of experience in real estate is preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products, with an emphasis on Excel and Word.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office products including Word and Excel (Basic knowledge required).
- A foundational understanding of real estate markets with particular emphasis on multifamily assets.
- Good Organizational skills.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Self-motivation whether working independently or on a team.
- A sense of urgency about solving problems, meeting challenging deadlines, and achieving critical goals.
At Greystone, we believe that finding creative solutions for our clients comes from the collaboration of people with diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to build an inclusive work environment that celebrates differences and empowers all individuals with opportunities to channel their entrepreneurial spirit.
Already a member? Sign In