Analyst - Structured Finance and Capital Advisory
New York, NY, USA | Greystone & Co.
Job Description:63 people have viewed this job
Greystone is a private national commercial real estate finance company with an established reputation as a leader in multifamily and healthcare finance, with over $18.3 billion in loan originations in 2021. The firm consistently ranks in the Top 10 for Fannie Mae & Freddie Mac multifamily loan originations and is the #1 FHA commercial lender in the country. Greystone also ranks nationally as a top affordable housing, seniors housing, and small balance loan lender. A highly philanthropic company, Greystone donates more than half of its profits to charity each year.
We are seeking an Analyst for our Structured Finance and Capital Advisory Group, reporting to the Director of Greystone Capital Advisors (“GCA”). GCA operates like a boutique investment bank, leveraging Greystone’s balance sheet and arranging third-party capital to deliver cutting-edge debt and equity solutions for institutional and private commercial property owners and developers, with a strong focus on large-scale acquisitions, developments and recapitalizations. GCA also focuses on large loan mortgage origination across Greystone’s Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, FHA, Bridge CMBS, balance-sheet and special situation lending platforms.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare detailed financial proformas for prospective financing transactions, including: sponsorship analysis, market analysis, income and expense underwriting, real estate development budgeting, discounted cash flow modeling, capital structure analysis and sources and uses of funds schedules.
- Assist in the preparation of offering memorandums, financing packages and other presentations for review with prospective clients and capital providers.
- Assist with marketing, transaction management and execution of assignments.
- Maintain detailed project plans to track timing and deliverables for each transaction.
- Input property financial and tenant information into Excel and Argus financial models.
- Translate creative and complex financing solutions into financial models for presentation to clients
- Assist with lead generation by researching, developing and updating materials on prospective clients and transactions in target markets.
- Participate in design of methodologies to better assess, evaluate, and present investment opportunities.
Experience, Skills and Abilities Required:
- 0 – 2 years of prior real estate, financial services or real estate debt or private equity experience
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance/accounting or economics from a top-tier accredited college or university required
- Highly proficient in all aspects of MS Office with advanced Excel skills required
- Working knowledge of Argus a plus
- Detail oriented with strong organizational/project-management skills
- Ability to communicate concepts and results within a team setting
- Strong time management skills and a respect for deadlines
- The ideal candidate will be a self-starting, innovative team-player who is focused on results and strives to deliver a superior work product
At Greystone, we believe that finding creative solutions for our clients comes from the collaboration of people with diverse backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to build an inclusive work environment that celebrates differences and empowers all individuals with opportunities to channel their entrepreneurial spirit.
Already a member? Sign In