Application Developer - Android or React
Minneapolis, MN, USA | U.S. Bank Wealth Management
Industry:Banking / Investment Banking
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:1 people have viewed this job
Be part of something big, where integrity matters and success inspires, where great people collaborate, innovate and give back, where you feel included, valued and proud. At U.S. Bank we’re looking for people who want more than just a job – they want to make a difference in the communities where they live and work.
U.S. Bank is seeking React and Android Application Developers with design and development experience to contribute toward the success of our technology initiatives. In this role you will be part of the team established to configure and develop complex application systems using existing and emerging technology platforms, and consult with business users on requirements gathering, system design, configuration, and implementation. You'll be working closely with the Delivery Manager, IT development, and Architecture groups while collaborating with several lines of business.
As an Application Developer you will:
• Participate in design, coding, testing, implementation, and documentation of solutions
• Develop and implement application systems
• Assist in definition of time tables and project tasks; analyze and estimate cost and time
• Perform change impact analysis tasks
• Create comprehensive unit test plans and test cases
• Create and execute performance tests to ensure that expected application performance levels are achieved
• Design, code, test, debug, document, maintain, and modify computer programs of moderate complexity, significance, and risk
• Contribute and at times, lead clients and technical staff to investigate, analyze, and resolve technical problems related to system functions, programming, and procedures
• Join in post-implementation reviews of both application development content and process to maximize and share learning
• Share in monitoring operating efficiency of existing systems
• Write documentation that describes installation and operating procedures
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
- At least five years of experience with developing and implementing applications
· Thorough understanding of React.js, Angular and its core principles
· Experience with popular React.js/ Angular workflows (such as Flux or Redux)
· Familiarity with newer specifications of EcmaScript
· Experience with data structure libraries (e.g., Immutable.js)
· Knowledge of isomorphic React is a plus
· Familiarity with RESTful APIs
· Knowledge of modern authorization mechanisms, such as JSON Web Token
· Familiarity with modern front-end build pipelines and tools
· Experience with common front-end development tools such as Babel, Webpack, NPM, etc.
-Design, and develop Android native for mobile phones, and tablets
-Strong Experience in native Android frameworks (API, unit testing, deployment, etc.)
-Experience with Android UI
-Excellent programming skills in Java/Kotlin
-Experience with Android SDK performance tools, and optimization.
-Strong object oriented programming, design skills, and computer science fundamentals.
-Demonstrated success in delivering complex full stack mobile applications across native, and server-side components
-Familiarity with version control systems (Git, Svn, ...),
-Familiarity with build systems (gradle, maven, ...), CI tools (Jenkins, Artifactory, Nexus)
-Skills in problem solving and algorithms Ability to switch among multiple projects, multiple languages, and multiple IDEs in short periods of time (and some time in the same period of time)
-Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Able to work well individually as well as in a highly collaborative team
-Demonstrated interest in learning new technologies.
-Familiarity with Agile methodologies (especially Scrum)
-Experience in Enterprise Software Development
-Passion for creating world class mobile user experience
-Direct work in applications that serve a very large number of users along with handling highly secure information.
Already a member? Sign In