Application Management Services (AMS) Workday Integrations Consultant
Lincolnshire, IL, USA | Alight Solutions
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:92 people have viewed this job
Our story starts with a simple universal truth: Every business is a people business. Our people are our greatest assets at Alight Solutions because People Matter! We strive for Excellence Every Day by collaborating with our clients and colleagues. At Alight, we Think Forward and we Act Now to shape the future of work and life for organizations, people and their families! Alight has 25 years of industry experience. Our success is fueled by the expertise of our people, and the strength of our proprietary and partner technology. Come join the leading technology-enabled HR and benefits service provider. Be Real with Alight and help us reimagine how people and organizations thrive.
As an AMS Workday Integrations Consultant, a typical day to include the following:
- Responsible for actively participating in all stages of the Workday Integrations project lifecycle, from planning and design phases through testing and deployment.
- Becomes an expert in the Workday product suite, specializing and deepening skill set within a particular area, i.e, either technical or focuses efforts within a functional area such as compensation, benefits, payroll, etc.
- Develops working relationships with other members of project team and management as well as external clients. Shares knowledge and information through regular communications and facilitation.
- Ability to be effectively and actively engages on multiple, parallel projects.
- Integrates with other applications across domains and functions to provide a complete solution.
- Direct accountability for day to day activities (from integration perspective) and client deliverables.
- Understands business requirements, configures the solution, develops prototype systems and assists with testing.
- Performs principal consultant duties as the lead functional consultant on Workday implementations, responsible for the analysis, design, scheduling, construction and delivery of the Workday solution.
- Completes work assigned by the integration manager within prescribed timeframe.
- Possesses sound analytical problem-solving and documentation skills.
- Understands and follows Workday Implementation methodologies, using it consistently on all projects.
- Helps train and mentor new Workday resources within the organization.
- Works with the Integration Manager to provide estimates and status reports and keeps them informed regarding overall project status.
- Communicates effectively with team members and clients.
- Demonstrates ability to prioritize conflicting demands with little supervision.
- Recognizes business process inefficiencies and recommends improvements.
- Performs research on problems, separating the symptoms from the actual cause, and identifies corrective measures.Seeks opinions and feedback on alternative solutions and best practices and implements those that have been agreed upon by the team.
- Completes his or her own assignments on time and with quality and suggests opportunities for quality and process improvements.
- Understands the value of a project plan, suggests the need for resources for tasks or areas assigned, adheres to established processes and standards, monitors progress of tasks against plan and reports status to appropriate team members as it relates to project issues.
- Contributes to knowledge management capital through activities such as sharing documented lessons learned, Q&A, documented deliverables, facilitation of Workday Wednesday Workshops, and regularly posting best practices and knowledge sharing information.
- Understands client satisfaction and applies it in the process of servicing the client.Communicates client feedback to senior team members. Understands and follows internal processes in responding to client needs.
- May provide guidance, instruction, direction, and leadership to other team members as an Aon People Manager.
- Answers all inquiries on a timely basis.
- Works independently but utilizes offshore and onshore analysts and specialists to complete work where appropriate.
- Primary for supporting migrations, provides peer review and prod readiness evaluation.
- Leads cutover, KT and BAU readiness activities for new clients moving to BAU. Builds out implementation and cutover documentation.
- Actively coaches and mentors more junior colleagues both onsite and offshore
- Primarily responsible for gathering ROMs and developing CR estimates.
- Develops root cause summary for integration related incidents.
- Keeps requirements, design, process and other technical documentation current.
- Provides production support for integration issues; actively follows escalation
and communication protocols for critical integration failures and delays.
- Coordinates impact assessment of integration failures, delays or Workday
Outages and communicating to Integration manager and AMS account
managers.Also, responsible for reviewing community alerts for possible impact.
- Consults comprehensively on other Alight solutions and technologies and
how they interact with Workday, ie EFTs, MoveIT, TBA, etc.
- Establishes and maintains a peer group and solid relationships with the deployment/implementation
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
By applying for a position with Alight, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Alight’s employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test.You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
At Alight, we believe that diversity should be visible, valued, and sustained throughout the organization. Alight provides equal treatment and employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to any protected status or other protected characteristic.
Alight does not discriminate against anyone based on sex, race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital or domestic partner status, citizenship, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristics or conduct covered by federal, state or local law.In addition, we take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, disabled persons, disabled veterans and other covered veterans.
Alight provides reasonable accommodations to the known limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants for employment with disabilities, sincerely held religious beliefs, practices and observances, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship. Applicants for employment may request a reasonable accommodation/modification by contacting his/her recruiter.
We offer you a competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities of this job to other entities; including but not limited to subsidiaries, partners, or purchasers of Alight business units.
Alight Solutions provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition, veteran, marital, parental, citizenship, or domestic partner status, or any other status protected by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Alight Solutions is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Already a member? Sign In