Applications Program Director
Reston, VA, USA | BAE Systems
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:54 people have viewed this job
BAE Systems, Inc. is looking for a seasoned Deltek Applications Program Director. The ideal candidate would have extensive experience managing a high performing, cohesive team of System Administrators, matrixed Business Intelligence, and Database Administrators. The Deltek ERP Program portfolio is comprised of multiple Costpoint, Time Collection, Cognos, Cobra, and Open Plan environments residing on Oracle and SQL databases. The Deltek ERP Program team and environments support 12K employees and contractors, and multiple service business legal entities with revenue over $3 billion. The Deltek ERP Program team is comprised of full-time employees/contractors/consultants and are home based in Reston, VA with some team members also geographically dispersed providing support to a large business user community with diverse business cultures and requirements. The ideal candidate will have in-depth experience with Deltek Financial, Labor, Materials, Reporting and integrations to and from supporting systems. Must have strong leadership and management skills to motivate, excite, develop and retain their team and supporting teams. An innovative/energetic mindset focused on delivering business value through compliant systems, collaboration with business stakeholders, high availability and reliability, with continuous optimization and innovation.
- Management of multiple Deltek Costpoint, Time Collection, Cognos Reporting running on Oracle databases, and supporting Deltek products like Cobra, Open Plan, PM Compass on Oracle and MS SQL databases for billion dollar plus businesses.
- Oversight of daily operations and maintenance, including application/system administration, server administration, performance management, change management, configuration management and all other applicable IT controls
- Ensure Service Requests, Incidents, Application Availability, Project Delivery and Customer Satisfaction are addressed within Service Level Objectives
- Management of a team of internal system administrator employees and matrixed reporting, database and integration employees in support of O&M and Project Delivery
- Staff development including succession planning, skills assessments, and training plans, providing new challenging opportunities, ensuring a diverse and inclusive environment, strong teamwork, balanced workloads and high levels of employee satisfaction.
- Development of technology Roadmaps – exploring unused capabilities of existing products as well as new products in the marketplace
- On-going maintenance of service documentation – e.g. Concept of Operations, Business Continuity /Disaster Recovery Plans, Architecture, Procedures, work instructions, etc.
- Ensure compliance with Defense Federal Acquisition Regulations Supplement (DFARS) requirements and adhere to defined corporate IT policies, controls, procedures and guidelines (e.g. SOD, least privileged, privileged account management, patching, patch assessments, upgrades, technology stack certification and compliance.
- Monitors applications for compliance to configuration management and software security controls.
- Maintains up-to-date awareness of the current and future directions of the industry and associated technologies, and, where appropriate, makes recommendations for implementation of new/upgraded systems and technologies
- Proactive identification and remediation of process gaps
- Partner with internal customers and project teams to forecast demand, understand requirements, staff appropriately and deliver as committed
- Ability to translate business requirements to application and technology solutions
- Manage and organize multiple project efforts in parallel and associated dependencies between competing project efforts.
- Proactive monitoring of environments to reduce service disruptions – e.g. failed jobs, system performance, capacity, etc.
- Management / monitoring of financial and system audits
- Management / monitoring of program budget versus actual performance
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
- Bachelors – Masters preferred – Business Administration, Information Systems, Computer Science or similar discipline from an accredited school.
- 10+ relevant experience of working with Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) business applications supporting Financial, Labor, Project Management and Systems Integration
- 5+ years of experience with managing large strategic ERP/COTS applications and supporting infrastructure – installations, upgrades, patching, extending, and automating. Preferred experience managing Deltek Costpoint, Time and Expense, Cognos, and supporting vendor products.
- 5+ years of managerial experience. Experience managing virtual team in a matrix environment a plus.
- Hands on experience/knowledge of PL/SQL packages, writing SQL queries Oracle and SQL Server platforms.
- Architect and design – strong understanding of needs and propensity to develop and deliver solutions to improve operational efficiency
- Experience with Oracle and Microsoft SQL databases.
- Ability to manage in a matrix environment as well as ability to manage virtual teams.
- Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Self-motivated with passion to learn and expand IT Operations skills
Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills
- Experience with ServiceNow a plus
- Experience with Agile Project Management a plus
Already a member? Sign In