Area Director Nursing & Rehab
Florence, AL, USA | Kindred At Home
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Operations / Production
Job Description:113 people have viewed this job
Our Care Matters.
When you join the Kindred at Home team, you become part of something bigger. We are the nation’s leading provider of comprehensive home health, hospice, and non-medical home care services. Our team delivers compassionate, high-quality care to patients in their homes or places of residence, including non-medical personal assistance, skilled nursing, rehabilitation, hospice and palliative care. Now more than ever, people in your community need in-home healthcare. Our team helps to keep them safely at home, during moments that matter most to them. Our caregivers focus on each unique patient to deliver the appropriate care and emotional support to our patients and their families.
Our Employees Matter.
We believe a world-class patient experience is enabled by an exceptional employee experience. And, committed to fostering an amazing employee experience at Kindred at Home. Our people are our greatest resource and asset, and we are committed to helping our employees thrive and fulfill their personal and professional goals.
- Competitive pay and 401k
- Healthy Steps Wellness
- Healthcare Plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Centers of Excellence Program
- Educational Assistance
- Clinical ladder for professional credentialing and advancement
- Leadership development
- Talent focused Framework
- Targeted personal and career development planning
The Director, Area Nursing/Rehab Specialty Focus will direct management of multiple Specialty locations across a geographic area(s). Oversee/guide the activities of assigned specialty leaders/SMEs.
- Abides by and demonstrates the company Mission – Vision – Values through both behavior and job performance on a day-to-day basis.
- Drives Specialty program oversight and growth through location Team Lead (TL)/Subject Matter Expert (SME) and close collaboration with area, local and regional leaders. Mentors and monitors specialty-focused, clinical lead behaviors of the location TL/SME.
- Collaborates closely with local area leaders to recruit, interview and hire qualified TL/SME and clinical staff. Supports performance reviews and counseling sessions to enhance evidence-aligned, clinical behaviors.
- Reviews specialty-focused data, provides formalized, timely feedback specific to TL/SME, clinical teams & prioritize follow-up/mentor strategies to optimize team performance
- Interfaces seamlessly among National Specialties, Region, Area and Local Clinical Operations team to ensure timely information flow, enhance knowledge sharing, learning and specialty specific quality improvement.
- Mentors and monitors TL/SME specific to weekly oversight, lead measures and proactive planning (e.g.: skills practice/validation labs/ride-alongs, MCP collaboration toward clinical/case conference discussions, on-going professional growth via clinician ride-alongs, on-going labs/clinical updates, specialty-specific record reviews, etc.)
- Collaborates closely with TL/SME to monitor branch and patient specific specialty intervention delivery/clinical outcomes via electronic record reviews.
- Expands/deepens ongoing clinical knowledge through internal/external learning, translates knowledge, outlines evidence-based direction to TL/SME, clinical staff, reinforces Specialties’ practices and fosters clinical/professional growth.
- Ensures compliance with standards/company policies/procedures and external regulatory requirements. Ensures that clinical associate documentation meets these requirements. Reviews and adheres to all Company policies and procedures and the Employee Handbook.
- Oversees area / branch clinical operational metrics.
- Performs all duties inherent in a leader/managerial role.
- Adheres to and participates in Company’s mandatory HIPAA privacy program/practices and Business Ethics and Compliance programs/practices.
- Travel expectations up to 75%.
- Collaborates closely with local/area to participate in specialty-focused PI activities as indicated
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing or Master’s Degree in Physical Therapy from an accredited program. Advanced degree strongly preferred.
- Successful completion of Company required pre-employment competency testing and health clearance prior to assignment and periodically as required by Company policy and state regulations.
- Current unrestricted licensure to practice as a RN or PT required in at least one state they are supporting.
- Current CPR certification also required.
- Minimum of eight years clinical experience in specialty area.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of home health agency regulations/administration strongly preferred.
- Excellent organization, problem solving, decision making, leadership, presentation and communication skills are necessary for optimal role-fulfillment and therefore strongly preferred.
Join Our Team!
Check out our video to get a glimpse of a day in the life of our Home Health team - Home Health
To learn more, please contact your local recruiter at (toll free) 855-KND-AT-HOME or apply online. Our Recruiters are ready to help you start a new and rewarding career with Kindred at Home.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin.
Job Category: Home Health Ops Management - Multi Site
Already a member? Sign In