Area Director of Engineering
Tukwila, WA, USA | Highgate Hotels
Industry:Hospitality, Travel, & Leisure
Job Description:52 people have viewed this job
Highgate is a leading real estate investment and hospitality management company widely recognized as an innovator in the industry. Highgate is the dominant player in major U.S. gateway cities including New York, Boston, Miami, San Francisco and Honolulu, with a growing Caribbean and Latin America footprint. The hospitality forward company provides expert guidance through all stages of the property cycle, from planning and development through recapitalization or disposition. Highgate has a proven record of developing its diverse portfolio of bespoke lifestyle hotel brands, legacy brands, and independent hotels and resorts with contemporary programming and digital acumen. The company utilizes industry-leading revenue management tools that efficiently identify and predict evolving market dynamics to drive outperformance and maximize asset value. With an executive team consisting of some of the most experienced hotel management leaders, the company is a trusted partner for top ownership groups and major hotel brands. Highgate maintains corporate offices in New York, Chicago, Dallas, London, Miami, and Seattle.
The Area Director of Engineering is responsible for being part of an engineering team that will focus on corporate wide engineering issues as well as local hotel issues that require support or collaboration from the corporate team.The goal of the team will be to leverage the skills and talent of the engineering organization to maximize value to the guest, associates, and the hotel assets. Will assist with oversight of 3 other hotels besides base hotel.
- A minimum of 80% of time needs to be focused on the base hotel as the Director of Engineering. The Area Director is 100% responsible for their base hotel.A maximum of 20% of time needs to be focused on the Area Director responsibilities and functions as outlined below.
- Establish relationships with all the properties in the area as well as with the Corporate office team.
- Work to develop and maintain standard operating procedures (SOP) and policies.
- Develop energy conservation initiatives and promote their use.
- Promote preventative maintenance activities throughout the organization.
- Promote operational safety throughout the organization.
- Further the advancement of the engineering discipline throughout the organization.
- Participate in conference calls and meetings on a regular basis.
- Participate in training and mentoring programs to support the Directors of Engineering and Engineering departments in the Area.
- Conduct a minimum of 2 property audits for all hotels in the Area utilizing the standardized Engineering audit format.
- Conduct engineering analysis of products and processes (i.e. capital equipment, new technology) and make recommendations for the area and the corporation.
- Assist in the budgeting and planning process at all hotels in the assigned area as needed.
- Stay up to date with industry trends.
- Comply with Highgate Hotel Standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas and assist in implementing solutions.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Participate in M.O.D. coverage as required.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Highgate Hotel Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing nametags.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Heavy work – Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and /or 50 pounds of force frequently and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Travel related to company business sometimes required.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
Highgate Hotels, L.P. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains the policy of recruiting and retaining the best-qualified personnel who demonstrate the ability to perform competently and work well with others. It is the policy of Highgate Hotels to provide equal employment opportunity regardless of race (including traits historically or culturally associated with race, such as hair texture and protective hairstyles), religion (including religious dress and religious grooming), color, age (40 and over), genetic information, disability (mental and physical), medical condition (as defined under state law), national origin (including language use restrictions and possession of a driver’s license issued under section 12801.9 of the California Vehicle Code), ancestry, sex (including gender, gender identity, gender expression), sexual orientation, marital status, familial status, parental status, domestic partner status, citizenship status, pregnancy (including perceived pregnancy, childbirth, lactation, or pregnancy-related conditions), military caregiver status, military status, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local law. This policy of nondiscrimination is applied to all aspects of the employment relationship. The Company complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and applicable state and local laws in ensuring equal opportunity and employment for qualified persons with disabilities. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements.
Already a member? Sign In