Art Director, Motion Design
Cupertino, CA, USA | Apple
Operations / Production
Job Description:59 people have viewed this job
Marcom is Apple’s Global Marketing Communications group. We oversee all of Apple’s advertising and marketing to ensure the flawless development and execution of world-class communications. We believe strongly that design matters and that it has always been at the heart of Apple and the work that we do. The Associate Creative Director (ACD), Motion Design, is responsible for crafting innovative and inspiring motion design solutions for Apple’s products, services and events - as well as providing guidance, mentorship and direction for their team of creatives. The ACD is responsible for providing cross functional communication and direction that can inspire others and win over stakeholders. They are adept at evaluating complex briefs and are comfortable presenting work at all levels, including senior leadership and executives. They have experience directing both large and small teams of creatives and are accomplished in developing a healthy and vibrant creative team atmosphere.
- Experienced creative leader, capable of leading teams of Motion Designers with the ability to motivate, mentor, and manage creatives.
- Experienced Motion Design Director with outstanding conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Diplomatic collaborator who possesses excellent interpersonal skills, capable of negotiating creative input from multiple functional groups, garnering trust and influence.
- Works well under pressure and is capable of driving a culture of optimism and opportunity while navigating ambiguity.
- In-depth knowledge of all steps required in the creative process, including effectively and efficiently staffing projects, providing communication and creative direction, and giving timely and helpful feedback to improve creative solutions.
- Outstanding design skills with the ability to guide, evaluate, and if necessary, redirect creative development.
- Demonstrates ability to learn and adapt quickly and is skilled in creative problem solving in a rapidly changing environment.
- Familiarity with production tools (such as Maya, Houdini and Nuke) and how they relate to the design being implemented in a production environment, is a plus.
Responsible for designing and directing the Motion Design Identity for Apple’s products, services and events. Leads a dedicated team of motion creatives, providing guidance and mentorship. Directs innovative and inspiring campaigns that meet the requirements outlined in the brief, while also serving as an integral member of the creative team. Drives collaboration cross functionally - build relationships, rapport and credibility within the creative community, senior leadership and executive team. Conducts regular reviews of creative work with key stakeholders, driving the conversation for creative solutions and ensuring work aligns with other projects within Apples Design community. Dynamic communication style, capable of realtime creative problem solving. Plan and direct projects from initial blue sky ideation through final delivery of production. Represent their line of business as the leader for Motion Design across Marcom and Apple.
Education & Experience
Ideally you have a college degree and at least 7+ years work experience in the creative and design field or the equivalent.
- To learn more about opportunities at Apple, visit http://www.apple.com/jobs/us/
- We offer health benefits and paid vacation.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Already a member? Sign In