Assistant Director - Contact Center Operations
Nashville, TN, USA | American Hospital Association
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Job Description:127 people have viewed this job
* Provide leadership and daily oversight to the Access Center Managers and specialists in the efforts of scheduling patient appointments and responding to requests for information from patients and clinic partners
* Put plans in place to manage the daily operation of the inbound contact center operations, which includes maintaining overall answer rate, schedule adherence, handle time, service quality, and other key performance indicators (KPIs)
* Oversees the development and/or implementation of strategic and tactical patient access operational plans and initiatives
* Serve as Level 3 support for elevated/escalated patient calls and document patient feedback accordingly
* Promote a culture of accountability across all teams
* Ensure monitoring and execution of corrective action related to meeting SLAs and maintaining a high level of patient satisfaction.
* Analyze and distribute metric reports as needed to senior management
* Establish processes to monitor, track and document individual manager team performance, provide timely feedback and establish action plans as necessary
* Implement and drive process improvements in quality, performance, employee retention, cost control strategies and capital needs
* Communicate and promote VUMC strategies, clinic initiatives, system enhancements, performance, and other key information to the managers; conduct weekly staff meetings and huddles
* Create agenda and content for monthly performance reviews and quarterly accountability meetings to articulate the state of the business and highlight strategic areas for contact center improvement to senior leadership
* Attend frontline staff team meetings or huddles with some regularity to foster employee engagement and trust
* Develop and retain talent by applying the necessary training and leadership that fosters internal growth and advancement
* Engage and encourage staff in a way that promotes successful performance through ongoing mentoring and hands-on coaching; inspire and build team comradery and commitment
* Provide consistent direction to managers and frontline staff to ensure completion of duties and tasks according to departmental performance standards
* Applies proven human resources management skills in staff selection, development, and evaluation
* Creates strong culture of teamwork and customer service in working with patients, clinic providers and various business partners
* Partner with Human Resources, Service Quality and Training, Access IT, and other departments consistently to ensure effective department operations and superior patient service; administer and enforce VUMC policies and practices
* Creates and utilizes analytics to track and assess inbound contact center performance
* Create a strong culture of teamwork and quality customer service in working with patients, clinic leaders, PAS, administrative staff, and other key stakeholders
* Ensures appropriate staffing, resource management, systems, data management and reporting, quality and accuracy of data and regulatory compliance in areas of responsibility
* Fosters effective collaboration and clear communication among the team and other personnel to achieve efficiency, successful integration of new systems and initiatives, and to facilitate the sharing of knowledge
* Participates in the establishment and implementation of new objectives, policies, systems, and quality assurance programs
* Ensures adherence to all regulations and policies regarding system security and privacy and confidentiality of patient medical and financial data
* Translates organizational and PCC strategies into a service area strategy that incorporates a collective, engaged team approach from the front-line team members
* Ensure daily operations are meeting established performance expectations. Update, manage and communicate performance dashboards, performance action plans, and ad-hoc reports as needed, to effectively represent the state-of-operations.
* Review and approve SOPs, metrics and processes for workflow improvements, risk assessment, and business process improvements * Make recommendations on budget issues, staffing, cost containment strategies and capital needs
* Participate in various aspects of interviewing and hiring as needed * Identify promotional opportunities, initiate transfers, conduct performance appraisals, staff training and counseling; and when necessary, termination of employment
* Perform additional duties and task as assigned
* Proactively assess, communicate, and manage initiatives centered on employee engagement, rewards, and recognition.
* Lead key personnel decisions associated with team development and performance accountability plans.
* Consistently monitor patient satisfaction survey scores and comments. Develops, communicates, and manages strategies to improve patient satisfaction.
* Lead in the development of new process documentation, communication, and implementation plans to ensure appropriate change management and communications are delivered in a timely and effective manner.
* Ensures staff are trained and developed in all aspects of operations to optimize operational efficiency and effectiveness.
* Cascade communications throughout the team, proactively solicit team feedback, and own action planning and closure to the feedback provided.
* Lead the investigation and implementation of new tools/technology and processes/protocols necessary to enhance productivity, effectiveness, quality, and customer service and reduce risk and operational costs
* Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare administration or related area, Masters preferred
* 7+ years of customer service or related contact center experience; patient access environment preferred
* 5+ years of experience of progressive people leadership within a contact center environment, including managing large, high performing teams in a direct reporting capacity
* Previous knowledge and experience with call center technology, including workforce management, quality monitoring and telephony systems is required
* Strong leadership and staff development skills, including training, coaching and employee counseling
* Excellent verbal, written and negotiation communication skills with a focus on solution-oriented approaches
Already a member? Sign In