Assistant Vice President - Client Advisor
Los Angeles, CA, USA | Whittier Trust Company
Job Description:56 people have viewed this job
Whittier Trust and the Whittier Trust Company of Nevada, Inc. is the oldest and largest privately owned multi-family office headquartered on the West Coast. Providing exceptional client service and highly customized investment solutions for high net worth individuals and their families to help them reach their long-term goals is our only mission.
Our staff of 200 dedicated professionals works with approximately 500 clients and their families to deliver a broad array of services including investment management and consulting, fiduciary, philanthropic and family office. Our founding family’s century-long history of energy and real estate investing continue to guide our activities for clients today. Entrusted with $20 billion of private family assets, our teams employ a consulting approach to tailor solutions for complex family situations.
Whittier Trust attracts professionals who want to spend the vast majority of their day in service to our clients. Our organization is flat, nimble and uniquely attuned to the needs and desires of both today’s entrepreneurs as well as legacy family members who may be several generations removed from the wealth creators. Our corporate culture is one of client-focus, collaboration, performance and accountability, family orientation and long-term career satisfaction. Employee turnover is very low – evidencing a high level of engagement and career fulfillment.
This potion is based in our West LA office and South Pasadena.
COVID-19 vaccination or an application for exemption from vaccination is a requirement of employment.Further information will be provided during the application process.
All positions are considered in-person with work from home flexibility on a case by case basis.
The candidate will be a key member of the leadership team responsible for growing and expanding the awareness of Whittier Trust’s high touch service delivery model in the Western region and nationally.The successful candidate will be a seasoned relationship executive or trust officer with a proven business development track record who aligns well with the firm’s culture. Whittier Trust’s culture is one that is performance/accountability driven, client focused, family oriented and supports the long term career satisfaction of its employees.
This is a Client Advisor position for high net worth clients.It involves extensive client contact and a working knowledge of trust and agency account administration including fiduciary accounting, securities, finance, real estate, taxes and estate planning.A high priority goal for this position is the development of new business.This is accomplished by working independently, as well as with staff across the organization, through professional networking and direct solicitation of qualified prospects. The officer should have a strong established network of legal, accounting and other professionals, as well as client prospects.The officer has an assistant and together has total administrative responsibility for a book of accounts, and shares relationship management with an assigned investment officer.The job also requires the ability to travel to call on active clients, referral sources and prospective clients.
- The position requires a working knowledge of legal documents encountered in trusts, estate planning and finance, including trust agreements, deeds, powers of appointment, powers of attorney, stock powers, assignments, disclaimers and partnership agreements.
- The position requires a working knowledge the legal requirements that effect trusts under the Principal & Income Act and Prudent Investor Act, and community and separate property issues under the Family Code.
- New business activities. Call on network contacts and prospects regarding the development of new business for the firm.Achieving calling and new business revenue goals is an essential part of the job and is a top priority.
- Coordinate closely with other company departments (tax, insurance, operations, real estate, investment and foundations) regarding client matters. Effective communication skills are essential.
- Supervise and instruct others in the processes of opening accounts and closing accounts, transferring and distributing assets, drafting correspondence to clients, clients' family, agents and professional advisors.
- Participate with the investment officer in client meetings.
- Coordinate with the investment department in the scheduling of clients’ investment performance reviews and monitoring of investment trades.
- Coordinate with operations and tax departments to provide clients or their professionals with appropriate information required for tax filings and the maintenance of accounting records.
- Complete forms, prepare internal documentation and present periodic account reviews.
- Participation in other internal committees or task forces, such as Client Services or Marketing.
- Provide extensive personal service to clients as required.
- Additional tasks as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited 4 year university - required
- Industry certification – CTFA, CFP, CFA, CPA - required
- Advanced degree – JD, MBA - preferred not essential
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in a similar role with a successful track record in new business development.
- Superior ability to identify and build relationships with qualified prospects and a proven outstanding business development track record
- Established network of legal, accounting and insurance professionals in the area and surrounding communities.
- Successful experience in a supervisory role.
- Background in wealth management, client administration, and portfolio management or foundation services.
- Strong people skills
- Client service focus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- High integrity with a diligent work ethic
- Team/people oriented
- Highly organized with good time management skills
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Valid driver’s license and the ability to travel by airplane.
- Emotional Intell Expert
- Business Devel Novice
- Communication Advanced
- EXCEL Advanced
- WORD Advanced
- PowerPoint Advanced
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
- Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
- Bachelors or better.
- Masters or better in Business Administration.
Licenses & Certifications
Certfd T and F Advisor
Already a member? Sign In