Associate Career Advisor
New York, NY, USA | Ivy Exec
Industry:Internet / Online Media
Job Description:643 people have viewed this job
IvyExec.com is a leading online career platform for successful business professionals. With over 1 million
professionals within our global online membership, Ivy Exec offers its members guidance and resources
needed to conduct a successful job search. Our Corporate and University clients include MIT, INSEAD,
SalesForce, Deloitte Consulting, Nielsen, and others. Ivy Exec has been recognized by Inc. Magazine as
one of the fastest growing companies in the US for 3 consecutive years.
HOW DO YOU MAKE AN IMPACT IN A PROFESSIONAL’S CAREER?
CASE 1 Mary, a SVP at a Brand Strategy company is looking to re-write her resume.
CASE 2 John, a Managing Director at a consulting firm is looking to change industries.
Sharing your insights and expertise would be hugely impactful for John and Mary. This is a one-time
request, but many of our members come back to get advice from our career services team.
ABOUT CAREER ADVISORY SERVICES
Our mission is to provide our members the guidance and resources they need to conduct a successful
job search. An associate career advisor provides this guidance, while offering whenever appropriate
add-on resume & coaching services.
As an Associate Career Advisor, you’ll have the opportunity to significantly impact the growth of our
business. Our CA’s are often the first point of contact for our Ivy Exec Members, so you’ll be responsible
for representing The Ivy Exec brand and making a positive impression that sets the tone for the entire
member lifecycle. You’ll also become an expert in our business, products and services as you advise our
Each Associate Career Advisor is evaluated based upon member experience feedback and achieving
A LOOK INTO THE ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
The Career Advisor is an Ambassador for Ivy Exec beginning with the resume critique.
The Career Advisor will provide a 20 minute phone consultation (covering resume and career advice) to
Ivy Exec members each day. In these sessions, you will perform a ‘job search diagnostic’ to understand
the challenges each professional is facing, and when appropriate, introduce our resume & coaching
Our Career Advisors are able to quickly establish trust, and learn about a members needs by asking
insightful questions. Our goal is to understand each members’ job search goals and challenges. Based
on the members’ needs, the Career Advisor will make introductions to the appropriate services,
department and team leader:
● Group or Individual Career Coaching Services
● Resume Services
● Exclusive Content (Webinars, Tool Kits, Online Classes, Etc)
The Associate Career Advisor will have quarterly and annual targets tied to company & team metrics &
Additionally, The Career Advisor will liaise with coaching, customer support, product management,
marketing and content teams to address customer service issues, communicate members’ needs.
THE REQUIREMENTS (AND WHY WE WANT TO WORK WITH YOU):
● 1-2+ years professional experience (preferably in the recruitment or development coordinator
● You’re able to quickly establish trust, and sell based on identified client needs
● You embrace aggressive goals and work hard to achieve them
● You’re not easily discouraged and always maintain a positive attitude
● You’re passionate about communication, detail, and optimizing outreach effectiveness
● You enjoy being part of a team and doing whatever it takes to help the team succeed
WHY YOU’LL LOVE US
● You’ll have the opportunity to help coach Global Professionals on their career.
● We believe in nurturing an environment where good ideas can come from anyone. At Ivy Exec,
you’ll be part of a collaborative team that is working towards helping our clients achieve their
● Our founders believe transparency is important. In HQ team meetings we discuss Ivy Exec
strategy, the latest company goals, and we open the floor to new ideas.
● We believe that our people are our future! We have created initiatives to drive investment in our people: personally and professionally.
Base salary plus commissions
Already a member? Sign In