Associate Director Advancement Services
Syracuse, NY, USA | Syracuse University
Job Description:62 people have viewed this job
Reporting to the Executive Director of Advancement Services, the Associate Director requires a comprehensive understanding of CRM or an equivalent database, procedures, practices, and accounting knowledge to manage, implement, and evaluate systems, policies, workflows, and processes for recording and reporting, receipting, and acknowledging donor pledges and gifts. They will; direct and manage monthly pledge-reminder process and related integrity issues; retrieve and analyze pledge data; generate files/reports for monthly mailing and communicate with fundraising staff and donors.
An understanding of the relationships of unit policies and procedures to those of the University as a whole is critical. The Assoc. Director will generate fundraising reports, campaign reports, institutional reports, and ad-hoc giving reports. Additionally the Assoc. Director will supervise a team that includes the Matching Gifts Coordinator and Data Analyst(s).
• Bachelor’s degree, with relevant accounting work experience and a demonstrated ability using office automation tools.
• At least 3 years of practical data retrieval, budget work and information correlation.
Experience with a CRM / database system and/or exposure to non-profit fundraising is preferred.
Job Specific Qualifications
• Demonstrated and comprehensive understanding of CRM/donor database, procedures, practices, and accounting knowledge.
• An understanding of the relationships of gift policies and procedures to those of the University as a whole is critical.
• Ability to learn, interpret, and apply a variety of complex policies and procedures with minimal guidance.
• The ability to share ideas and convey them in an efficient manner is mandatory, as is the ability to work with other departments on the Campus in the interpretation and enacting of these policies and procedures.
• Direct processes and workflow for recording, receipting, and acknowledging gifts. Research and resolve questions from donors regarding gifts and pledges. Generate giving summaries and provide direction to development officers in schools and colleges. Resolve all gift/pledge reconciliation issues with Treasurer’s Office, Office of General Accounting, Comptroller’s Office, and auditors.
• Manage, implement, and evaluate systems, policies, workflows, and processes for recording donor pledges for the Office of Advancement Services. Direct and manage monthly pledge-reminder process and related integrity issues. Retrieve and analyze pledge data, generate files for monthly mailing and communicate with fundraising staff and donors. Provide monthly pledge-expectancy reports to schools/colleges/units and Senior Leadership. Oversee pledge delinquency process, communicating with fundraising staff and donors. Reconcile pledge write-off process.
• Direct and supervise a team that includes the Matching Gifts Coordinator and Data Analyst, who are responsible for matching gifts administration, the implementation and support of Match360, data integrity initiatives, and the implementation and support of the membership interface in CITRUS.
• Provide staff training, ensure maintenance of quality standards for data entry, data manipulation, and report generation. Provides expertise in Advancement Services to increase productivity in philanthropy and alumni engagement.
• Maintain current documentation of procedures and standards for data entry, report creation, gift acknowledgement and donor record gift entry.
• Assist the Executive Director with the development, dissemination, implementation, and adjustment of systems policies, procedures and standards for data entry, data mining, report generation, gift processing and donor tracking. Identify and implement CITRUS functions that facilitate and document donor outreach.
• Generate fundraising reports, campaign reports, and ad-hoc giving reports for Senior Leadership, Chancellor’s Office, Office of General Accounting, as well as school/colleges/units. Collaborate with Chancellor’s Office, Trustees Office, and Senior Leadership with respect to ongoing Philanthropic Giving Reports. Generate retrievals, analyze data for accuracy, and approve modifications and changes to donor records.
• Direct and generate institutional reports for Volunteer Survey for Education, Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), and IRS whose mandates impact institutional and external publications. Compile and analyze data to fulfill externally mandated reporting requirements.
Retrieve and report Advisory Board giving summaries for schools/colleges/units and Senior Leadership.
• Direct the State Solicitation Registration process on behalf of Syracuse University in compliance with distinctive solicitation requirements requested by each state within the United States. Communicate with the State Offices of the Attorney General with regarding specific policy requirements, and research policies for solicitation policies for each state annually for updates. Provide information relevant to Syracuse University’s financial reporting, IRS Form 990, financial audit reports, University bylaws, Board of Trustees, and various other institutional reports as needed. Approve registration fees when needed, and renew registrations as necessary to ensure solicitation compliance. When necessary, ensure follow-up with state personnel when filing extensions. Contact with state offices entails critical attention to details and understanding compliance requirements.
• Serve as the AEA administrator for OnBase software. Analyze structure and use of the OnBase program; submit recommendations for policies regarding confidentiality, sharing data, and security. Collaborate with Technical Systems and Services and coordinate rollouts to AEA and school/college constituents. Ensure compliance with university business policies and procedures. Develop policies, document procedures and workflow, and develop training procedures and conduct individual and group classes as needed. Analyze and monitor security access and handling of highly confidential data.
Already a member? Sign In