Associate Director, Development (Prospect Research)
Houston, TX, USA | M.D. Anderson Cancer Center
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Job Description:56 people have viewed this job
The primary purpose of the Associate Director of Development (Prospect Research) is to provide prospect research and data analysis to inform strategies in securing major gifts for the institution.
- Provide proactive prospect research. Assess capacity, interests, philanthropy and relationships to identify and qualify new prospective donors and assess new opportunities with existing donors, through the following avenues: 25%
- Prospects suggested by staff, volunteers and faculty; also identifies/maps relationships of volunteers and deeply engaged donors for the purpose of identifying new prospects
- Examine/validate results of wealth screenings to identify those with potential to make major gifts
- Identify potential major gift prospects from external sources
- Monitor news sources to find and distribute important information on donors and new prospects.
- Provide focused prospect research.Support field staff by conducting and composing in-depth prospect research as needed to support donor cultivation and solicitation, with an emphasis on constituents’ wealth, interests (including philanthropic interests) and relationships and analysis thereof.Along with this, have a thorough working knowledge of the database system and consistently maintain and enter research data, as well as updated information, into the database system. 25%
- Partner with Prospect Management in the management and resourcing of portfolios, including engaging in portfolio reviews and assisting with strategy development. 20%
- Coordinate Prospect Research activities for designated fundraising team(s), including but not limited to, attending strategy meetings, assisting with event strategies, educating team members on Prospect Research functions, and serving as a liaison between the Research function and the assigned fundraising team(s). Develop supportive and productive relationships with development staff and other staff involved in fundraising. 15%
- Leadership. Provide leadership and direction to future Prospect Research staff (up to two Prospect Researchers as the team expands), in addition to project leadership for various enhancements to prospect research processes, reports, scoring and analyses. 15%
Required: Bachelor's degree in Advertising, Marketing, or related field.
Required: Five years experience in private fund development, marketing, public/client relations or related field.
Preferred: Experience with a major fundraising campaign and demonstrated success in managing multiple projects at once with competing priorities. Also, prospect research experience in a major gifts, principal gifts, healthcare or higher education fundraising environment.
Already a member? Sign In