Associate Director, Monitoring and Evaluation
Stamford, CT, USA | Americares
Industry:Non-Profit / Social Enterprise
Operations / Production
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
The Associate Director of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) is located within Technical Unit of Global Programs. The Associate Director will serve primarily as a specialist to promote the integration of the Americares’ monitoring, evaluation, and reporting mandates as per operational plans and institutional strategy. S/He reports to the M&E Director. In addition to M&E responsibilities, S/He will support program teams on quality project development including alignment between stated goals for measuring impact and proposed project activities. In terms of monitoring and evaluation, S/He will ensure that Americares global program implements proposed monitoring and evaluation commitments, suitable M&E systems are in place, implemented as intended, and reporting in a comprehensive and timely manner to facilitate program managers delivery of programs that achieve the desired outcomes and impacts. As we grow the M&E team into Design, Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (DMEL), s/he will support the development of an internal process to ensure the project design meets Americares internal standards as well as best practice global standards, and strategically link M&E findings to continuous learning and decision-making and plays an important role in leading knowledge management efforts across programs teams and projects.S/He will also support thought leadership efforts including academic publication submissions for evidence-generating projects.Additionally, s/he will support program teams to develop quality proposals with clear plans on monitoring as well as evaluations. S/he plays an important quality assurance role, supporting the M&E Director in developing policies, procedures, and guidelines related to performance management.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Program Monitoring and Evaluation (30%)
· Support global program teams in developing log-frame and monitoring plan
· Work with program teams on developing data collection methodology and tools
· Assist program managers in monitoring project implementation, analysis, and performance tracking
· Oversee the implementation of collaborative baseline studies, evaluations, and learning activities, including the identification and subgranting of evaluation partners.
· Ensure the technical quality of studies and evaluations. Methods may include qualitative, quantitative, mixed method, impact evaluations, and experimental methods as needed.
· Assist with donor and internal reporting requirements
· Assists in drafting reports; generates data visualizations for reports and presentations
· Share best practices on project monitoring and evaluation aligned with global guidance in thematic health areas
· Assists in interpreting the results and impact of project activities, conveying that information to program teams and senior leadership, and facilitating internal dissemination for critical program and policy decision
Program Design and Development (25%)
· Work directly with staff members of the Global Programs team on project design and review to ensure project activities align with desired impact metrics.
· Compiles, organizes, and distills project outcomes and M&E results for dissemination to program teams in order to improve their projects and new program development
· Develop M&E tools including surveys, focus group discussion, and databases
· Support business development team and program teams on project design, including quantitative and qualitative analysis in support of quality proposal development
· Support budget development processes ensuring proposed activities on monitoring and evaluation efforts are accurately and sufficiently costed
· Provide technical support on research initiatives
Communication, Knowledge Management and Sharing (20%)
· Prepares materials for M&E presentations and briefings and delivers formal and informal M&E presentations, as assigned
· Provides advice that is timely, responsive and accurate. Maintains appropriate rapport with internal and external customers. Develops and establishes relationships with external organizations as required.
· Actively contributes to virtual M&E teams in different countries by moderating M&E discussions
· Stays current on state-of-the-art performance measurement tools and techniques both inside and outside the organization
· Leads efforts within the M&E team on organizational knowledge management and capturing and disseminating lessons learned starting with select projects
M&E team Development and Organizational Data Analysis (25%)
· Assists in the development of M&E guidance (tools, templates, how-to-notes, and examples) to facilitate institutional requirements on performance measurement
· Contribute to building, through the systematic application of M&E principles, including regular quantitative and qualitative analysis, program team’s capacity to analyze, synthesize, and disseminate information regarding the impacts of Americares programs
· Develop M&E and organizational databases and deliver program performance analysis
· Support implementation of organization’s monitoring and evaluation system and capacity building of program staff in the field sites
· Develop the data quality assurance processes to ensure data accuracy and appropriateness
· Build capacity among Americares HQ and field-based staff in program design, including developing internal training tools, resources and guidelines.
· Master’s degree in Public Health with 5-7 years of related work experience in managing evaluations and large-scale, mixed-method surveys or other evaluations, preferably in South Asia or Sub-Saharan region
· M&E experiences with NGOs or other organizations implementing health programs
· Experience with M&E on grants funded by bilateral donors and multi- lateral financing organizations
· Experience in metrics, measurement with respect to program design and project implementation monitoring
· Experience in health program survey design and development. Critical thinking process in measurement and program implementation
· Proven ability to work well with multiple stakeholders and diverse teams and to bring teams to consensus on recommendations for technical practices
· Experience in developing databases, preferably in SQL and/or MS Access
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Word, Excel (with Macro), and PowerPoint
· Excellent writing and communication skills
· A commitment to excellence and demonstrated attention to detail
· Experience in designing adequate health indicators and internal monitoring systems for various programmatic settings
· Ability to work independently and as a part of a team, with balanced focus on personal accountability and team goals
· Demonstrates initiative and follow-through and is self-motivated in the completion of deliverables in a dead-line driven environment
· Experience in conducting quantitative and qualitative study in the fieldwork. Familiar with statistical methods
· Able to travel in US and internationally occasionally
· Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
· Experience with USAID or other major donor organizations
· Experience in one of the relevant sectors such as mental health, maternal and child health, non-communicable diseases or health system strengthening.
· Experience in developing data visualization in Tableau
Already a member? Sign In