Associate Director Operation & Outreach
Syracuse, NY, USA | Syracuse University
PR & Communications
Job Description:51 people have viewed this job
The Associate Director for Orientation & Outreach will be directly responsible for managing the undergraduate student orientation program. Direct and lead the Assistant Director, DSO/ARO, Coordinator of Events & Activities, Graduate Assistant and student employees. Direct and execute responses to Orange Success alert flags for international students to insure a well-coordinated response to improve student retention and engage other campus resources as needed. Direct and execute all student activities and events for over 4,500 international students including airport transportation during student arrivals fall & spring semesters. In collaboration with ESE Communications Director develop and manage communication strategies for new Coordinator of Communications & Social Media position.
• Bachelor degree or equivalent combination of education or experience in a related field such as International Relations, Cross-Cultural Counseling, Higher Education, Humanities, Social Work, Information Technology required.
• Master’s degree preferred.
Job Specific Qualifications
• At least 2 years’ experience working in an office which has an international educational exchange focus.
• Experience working with U.S. immigration regulations essential.
• Mandarin language fluency, living abroad experience, excellent written and oral communication skills in the English language preferred.
• Computer applications such as Word, Excel and HTML required. Cross-cultural counseling educational background beneficial.
• Knowledge of F and J immigration regulations preferred.
• Experience in managing international student orientation programs required.
• Direct and execute all activities and events including the international student orientation program for UG students -Fall & Spring Semester.
• Oversee the coordination of airport transportation services to international students and families.
• Monitor Orange Success flags for all international students and coordinate a response to all flags each semester.
• Supervision of two full-time positions, Assistant Director & Coordinator of Events & Activities in the planning and execution of all events and activities sponsored by the Center for International Services
• Supervision of day-to-day running of the Virtual Welcome Academy program.
Already a member? Sign In