Associate Director, Talent Acquisition
Remote, CA, USA | Vir Biotechnology
Industry:Pharmaceutical / Biotech
Job Description:58 people have viewed this job
Vir Biotechnology is a commercial-stage immunology company focused on combining immunologic insights with cutting-edge technologies to treat and prevent serious infectious diseases. Vir has assembled four technology platforms that are designed to stimulate and enhance the immune system by exploiting critical observations of natural immune processes. Its current development pipeline consists of product candidates targeting COVID-19, hepatitis B virus, influenza A and human immunodeficiency virus.
We believe the success of our colleagues drives the success of our Mission. We have an ongoing commitment to creating a company passionate about equality, inclusion, and respect. When everyone feels supported and encouraged to give at their best, we will collectively deliver outstanding results.
The Talent Acquisition team serves as trusted advisors who protect Vir’s culture and mission through exceptional talent.We collaborate with our business partners to understand their dynamic needs, engage, and deliver top talent through an extraordinary candidate experience.
We are looking for an Associate Director, Talent Acquisition, to join our growing team!
In this role, you will be responsible for leading the overall recruitment strategy for our scientific and technical functions.This leader will manage, mentor, and guide a team which includes Talent Acquisition Advisors (TAA) and Talent Acquisition Coordinators (TAC).Your focus on quality recruitment will ensure the successful attainment of company hiring goals.Additionally, you will contribute and execute on creative talent sourcing and campaigns that scale for attracting quality, diverse talent.This role will maintain external focus on the competitive landscape, including market and employment trends.You will also partner with the broader HR function and other colleagues to execute on key functional objectives.
Responsibilities and Learning Opportunities
- Lead an efficient, fast-paced, full-cycle talent acquisition team, while establishing relationships and advising senior leaders, hiring managers, and stakeholders on best practices to drive recruiting initiatives
- Manage the requisition approval process, working closely with headcount liaisons and finance to minimize cost per hire
- Oversee contractual relationships with placement agencies, contract recruiters, job boards, vendors, job search and posting websites
- Design and implement a data driven model to assess and track effectiveness of hires across the organization
- Evaluate and implement tools and systems necessary to build a scalable recruiting model
- Ensure all talent acquisition efforts are fully aligned with Vir business values and people values
Qualifications and Experience
- Demonstrated experience in talent acquisition and leading a team in a fast-growth setting
- 7+ years of recruiting related experience with 3+ years of demonstrated experience managing teams, building, and optimizing recruiting functions
- Strong leadership, communication, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Ability to think strategically and use good judgment to solve complex problems
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision and balance competing priorities
- Proficiency in talent analytics, with the ability to define, generate and analyze data to provide actionable insights and trends
- Working knowledge of applicable employment laws, policies, and ability to partner effectively with internal stakeholders
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college/university or 14+ years of industry experience related to the role
- Biotechnology, pharmaceutical, life science, or related industry experience
This role may be performed remotely if VIR can support remote work arrangements in the state where you currently reside. This includes most states within the US.If you move forward in the hiring process, VIR recruiters will discuss options with you.
Vir’s compensation and benefits are aligned with the current market and commensurate with the person’s experience and qualifications. All full-time employees receive a package that includes: compensation, bonus and equity as well as many other Vir benefits and perks such as: health, dental, vision, life and disability insurance benefits, non-accrual paid time off, company shut down for holidays, commuter benefits, child care reimbursement, education reimbursement, 401K match and lunch for all lab essential personnel!
Vir is an equal opportunity employer.We value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform critical job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact Human Resources to request accommodation.
Already a member? Sign In