Frisco, TX, USA | Keurig Green Mountain
Functions:Operations / Production
Job Description:55 people have viewed this job
Come join a creative team of scientists on the forefront of beverage development, innovation, and value creation! This team is dedicated to delivering beverages that win with consumers and beat the completion every time. Over 10 years ago, the coffee industry was revolutionized with the launch of the Keurig brewing system, allowing consumers to brew one cup of coffee on demand. Now with the power of Keurig Dr Pepper, join a new challenger in the beverage industry and let’s discover the possibilities!
This diverse and important role within Beverage R&D enables Keurig Dr Pepper to maximize the impact of the Keurig system synergy (beverage, pod, and appliance) to partners, customers, and consumers.
In this capacity, the associate scientist will:
- Through sound scientific method and technical excellence, support hot Beverage Development initiatives, including pre-concept exploration, development and commercialization, for quality, cost, and performance
- Advance the business through technical excellence ensuring all aspects meet or exceed the quality and product performance requirements within a managed timeline and cost objective
- Generate ideas for beverage innovation, in close collaboration with consumer insights, marketing, and procurement.
- Develop hot beverages across a variety of formats (coffee, flavored coffee, tea, cocoa, and lattes) from benchtop prototyping through commercialization of products.
- Participate in group product tastings and provide sensory feedback.
- Support development of timelines, actions plans, reports, and presentations to manage and communicate progress on a given initiative.
- Create ingredient and product specifications with ensured accuracy.
- Develop basic experimental plans to validate technical and sensorial aspects of formulations, and for troubleshooting issues during development and commercialization phases.
- Participate in innovation brainstorming sessions and cross-functional project team meetings.
- Positively influence and engage in a creative, performance driven culture.
- Live to the KDP values: Team First, Deliver Big, Think Bold, Be Fearless and Fair
- Highly collaborative, self-motivated, takes initiative; positively influence others.
- Strong technical and executional skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Change readiness, resiliency and flexibility to thrive in a constantly changing and fast-moving organization.
- Bachelor’s degree in Food Science/Engineering or related field from an accredited institution.
- Basic understanding of Good Lab and Manufacturing Practices, and Food Safety Regulatory Standards.
- Basic business orientation; ability to ask relevant questions, understand business case and consumer proposition.
- 1 to 3 years of relevant experience in Food and Beverage Industry.
- Experience with Coffee and Powder Beverages a plus.
- Ability to travel as required (Up to 25%).
Keurig Dr Pepper (KDP) is a leading coffee and beverage company in North America with dual headquarters in Burlington, MA and Plano, TX, with annual revenue in excess of $11 billion. KDP holds leadership positions in soft drinks, specialty coffee and tea, water, juice and juice drinks and mixers, and markets the #1 single serve coffee brewing system in the U.S. The Company maintains an unrivaled distribution system that enables its portfolio of more than 125 owned, licensed and partner brands to be available nearly everywhere people shop and consume beverages. With a wide range of hot and cold beverages that meet virtually any consumer need, KDP key brands include Keurig®, Dr Pepper®, Green Mountain Coffee Roasters®, Canada Dry®, Snapple®, Bai®, Mott’s® and The Original Donut Shop®. The Company employs more than 25,000 employees and operates more than 120 offices, manufacturing plants, warehouses and distribution centers across North America.
Benefits built for you: Our people are the heart of our business, which is why we offer robust benefits to support your health and wellness as well as your personal and financial well-being. We also provide employee programs designed to enhance your professional growth and development while ensuring you feel valued, inspired and appreciated at work.
Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. is an equal opportunity employer and affirmatively seeks diversity in its workforce. Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. recruits qualified applicants and advances in employment its employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
Already a member? Sign In