Associate Territory Manager
Indianapolis, IN, USA | Becton Dickinson & Company
Job Description:65 people have viewed this job
Primarily responsible for providing field level support to physicians and clinical professionals. Working closely with field sales and Marketing, executes field level surgical case support and training plans that help achieve sales targets. Travels extensively, using extended stays in a field based territory to build lasting customer relationships.Target customers include physicians, nurses, technicians, administrators, office staff, sales personnel and others whose responsibilities may require the need for support of Davol products. If successful, this role will eventually lead to formal territory responsibility as a Territory Manager.Associate Territory Managers must be open to relocation anywhere in the U.S. to assume responsibility for an open territory.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
- Coordinates with field sales, the logistics, timing, duration, strategy and execution of field level customer training and technical support of clinical cases.
- Works with sales management in prioritizing targeted customers, cases and training events.
- Supports the development of regional physician proctors to help with formal and informal training activities.
- Conducts training and in-servicing for hospital surgery staff and support personnel.
- Supports the development of regional centers of excellence and works with Marketing on the execution of territory physician training seminars.
- Provides support for regional marketing events, conventions and symposia.
- Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Maintains equipment, advertising, and promotional matter in a presentable and orderly manner.
- Organization:(A) Completes all paperwork on time and thoroughly; (B) Keeps accurate up-to-date account records; (C) Utilizes funnel to set goals and target accounts.
- Efficient use of productive selling time; i.e., dealer calls in late afternoon with a minimum of three O.R.s per day and four surgeon contacts per day.Doctors not available at the hospital to be contacted in their office.
- Acquires extensive knowledge of prices, discounts, availability of each product according to quality and quantity.
- Maintains adequate supply of promotional tools (samples, brochures, videos).
- Must have all basic product knowledge and acquire knowledge of all new products added to the line.Must apply this knowledge to adequately conduct in-service education to all hospitals.
- Stays within expense budget.
- Knows and optimally uses selling presentations as well as standard answers to objections.
- Recognizes need for continual training.To upgrade knowledge of trends (business, technological, sociological), sales skills, promotion techniques, information on new product, sales forecast ability.
- Maintains judicious relations with District Manager, Territory Managers, and customers.
- Plans sales calls on a continuous basis, prioritizes time for effective coverage of territory, elimination of needless driving.A daily written plan is to be used.
- Develops detailed knowledge of company policies, ability to interpret them to customers and prospects.
- Maintains the company car in a clean, orderly, and serviceable condition.
- Uses to the best advantage, nurses lectures, journal club meetings, local seminars, resident lectures, hospital displays and evaluation committee product presentations.
Qualifications, Knowledge and Skills required:
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 0-2 years general sales experience.
- Experience working in a team environment, particularly with sales people.
- Strong interpersonal, oral, communication, organizational and planning skills.
- Good judgment and maturity.
- Willing to relocate to fill an open Full Line Territory Manager position.
- Ability to travel 80%, including overnight travel.
- Must possess and maintain a valid drivers’ license and a driving record satisfactory to the Company.Driving records may be monitored on an annual basis or as needed.
- Must possess and maintain a criminal background satisfactory to Bard.Criminal backgrounds may be monitored on an annual basis or as needed.
- Must be able to meet and maintain customer/medical facility access requirements, including regular or periodic drug screenings with a satisfactory result in accordance with the requirements of the customer/medical facility serviced.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Already a member? Sign In