Associate Territory Manager
Richmond, VA, USA | Becton Dickinson & Company
Job Description:86 people have viewed this job
This position is entry level and will support a team of Sales Consultants and will be responsible for achieving sales objectives through targeted customer interaction, training, product ordering, and general sales support. This position will have exposure to BD’s entire Vascular Access products with a primary focus to Safety IV Catheters, Accucath, and PowerGlide. The position will span across multiple territories however be part of a single Region.
- Support Sales Team in the field via field rides to gain exposure and learn from the ground up the sales process; listen and participate in sales calls to enhance sales skills.
- Attend sales training to learn BD’s vascular products to effectively provide support to Sales Consultants.
- Protect and grow BD Vascular Access Device portfolio.Primary emphasis on Safety IV Catheters, Accucath, and PowerGlide product categories.
- Provide customers product information and training.
- Informs customers of new and current pricing, backorders, and company policies.
- Effects comprehensive in-service of peripheral access products to all concerned individuals.
- Works closely with SC and RBM on planning and prioritization of sales calls, managing time effectively.
- Develops thorough knowledge of all peripheral access products.
- Works closely with and communicates daily with both Territory Manager and District Manager within assigned geography
- Informs Sales Consultant and Regional Business Manager of significant changes in customer accounts.
- Reports customer complaints in accordance with Vascular Access Device (VAD) complaint procedure.
- Complete all administrative duties associated with position in a timely fashion.
- Cultivating new and existing customers to establish long-term mutually beneficial relationships.
- Work a flexible work schedule and travel to meet the needs of VAD customers.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
- Zero to four years of outside sales experience or equivalency.
- Ability to travel up to 40%.
- Must have good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must possess and maintain a valid state-issued driver's license and meet BD's auto safety standards.
- Willingness to relocate for available Territory Manager positions.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong persuasion and influencing skills.
- Good judgment and professional behavior
- Basic knowledge of anatomy, medical and vascular terminology.
- Excellent listening and communication skills.
- Proven ability to effectively build and sustain professional relationships with hospital, other sales and home office personnel.
Becton, Dickinson and Company is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. We do not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, sex, creed, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, marital or domestic or civil union status, familial status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, disability, military eligibility or veteran status, or any other protected status.
Already a member? Sign In