Aviation Project Manager
Dallas , TX, USA | Jacobs
Industry:Architecture / Construction / Civil Engineering
Job Description:57 people have viewed this job
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed – today and into tomorrow.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Our aviation team is experiencing exciting global growth within our established practice and we have a need for a strong Aviation/Civil Engineering Senior Project Management professional to support nationally in the pursuit and management of airfield and landside related design projects.The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Planning, directing, and coordinating the activities of airfield design and construction projects to ensure that goals or objectives of these projects are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters
• Establishing the work plan and multi-disciplinary staffing for each phase of project, and arranges for recruitment or assignment of project personnel
• Directing and coordinating the activities of Project Engineers, Engineers, and Technicians to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget
• Typical duties are likely to include the following: Coordination with all complimentary disciplines such as site civil (Runway/Taxiway/Apron), drainage, electrical/NAVAID, public involvement and environmental, technical preparation and supervision of airfield civil and planning design tasks, perform plan quality reviews, participate in value engineering studies.
• Initiating and reviewing proposals as well as, participating in interviews and presentations as applicable
• Maintaining positive relationships with current and past clients as assigned and informing senior management of potential opportunities to market Jacob's airfield design services
• Serving as a representative of Jacobs at meetings, presentations, and public hearings/reviews relative to assigned projects
• Developing, reviewing and obtaining confirmation of financial and project delivery schedule activities of design and construction as they relate to all disciplines involved
• Identifying causes for revisions to projects and whether such changes are billable to the client
• Assuring that project team complies with the contract agreement as well as exercises rigid cost control to implement the approved design within established budget restraints
• Other duties as assigned
• Bachelors Degree in Civil Engineering is required
• Registration as a Professional Engineer (civil preferred) is required
• At least 10 years of progressive airfield (or similar) design experience is required
• Knowledge of airside and landside design, planning aspects and facilities (terminals) is a plus
• At least 10 years of progressive aviation (or similar) consultant or public agency design experience is required.
• Experience with AutoCad and Civil 3D is required
• Experience working in and leading multi-disciplinary teams required
• Experience working on large aviation (or similar)projects a plus
• Experience with asphalt and concrete pavements is required
• Needs to have a thorough knowledge and understanding of FAA Advisory Circulars and/or Unified Facilities Criteria
• Must have an ability to utilize computer systems as a tool to effectively manage projects
• Must keep current in the civil engineering specialty through continuing education
• Must have developed the following skills; civil engineering knowledge, leadership, oral and written communication skills, planning, team work, decision making, judgment and problem solving
• Minimum of 5 years experience as a project manager / project engineer in the preparation of construction documents (plans & specifications) for airfield paving (or similar)projects (asphalt and concrete).
• Experienced in the use and application of FAA Advisory Circulars and/or Unified Facilities Criteria for airfield design, pavement design, storm drainage, airfield lighting, airfield signage, airfield pavement markings and construction specifications is a plus
Already a member? Sign In