AVP, Cloud Engineer
Phoenix, AZ, USA | Synchrony
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:57 people have viewed this job
The Cloud Engineer will be responsible for designing and configuring public cloud environments to run Synchrony workloads securely and with a high level of resiliency and availability.The individual will be responsible for working on an Agile team that works to design, build, and support our public cloud environment.
This position is remote, where you have the option to work from home. On occasion we may request for you to commute to our nearest office for in person engagement activities such as team meetings, training and culture events. To ensure the safety of our colleagues and communities, we require employees who come together in-person to be fully vaccinated. We’re proud to offer you choice and flexibility.
- The ideal candidate for this role will have a technical background designing and building public cloud infrastructure. This includes experience with the following:
- Designing cloud solutions using industry best practices to provide security and scalability
- Designing cloud solutions that optimize cost
- Building and testing cloud environments that meet business requirements
- Developing cloud strategies and standards
- Working with security teams to understand requirements and develop cloud frameworks to meet those standards
- Designing cloud performance and monitoring strategies
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related field and a minimum of 8+ years of IT experience
- 5+ years of experience in architecture or design of technical solutions
- 2+ years of work experience with a public cloud (i.e., AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with cloud network design and implementation, virtual networking
- Experience creating and running serverless infrastructure (i.e., AWS Lambda, GCP Cloud Functions, Azure Functions)
- Scripting experience with Python, .NET or similar programing language
- Automation experience (i.e., AWS CloudFormation, GCP Deployment Manager, Azure Automation, Terraform, Ansible)
Excellent interpersonal, communication, presentation, and facilitation skills.Able to communicate successfully across all levels of the organization
Experience with multiple cloud service providers a plus (Amazon, Google, Microsoft)
Experience with Linux and Windows based OS environments
Advanced networking design and setup knowledge and experience (i.e., load balancing, DNS)
Experience with version control systems (i.e., Git) to work in a distributed environment of code development
Strong diagram skills to visually depict systems solutions
Strong quantitative, analytical, and problem-solving skills
Public Cloud Certifications a plus
ITIL Certificate and/or Agile Certified is a plus
- You must be 18 years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the onboarding process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- New hires (Level 4-7) must have 9 months of continuous service with the company before they are eligible to post on other roles.Once this new hire time in position requirement is met, the associate will have a minimum 6 months’ time in position before they can post for future non-exempt roles.Employees, level 8 or greater, must have at least 24 months’ time in position before they can post.All internal employees must consistently meet performance expectations and have approval from your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR if you don’t meet the time in position or performance expectations).
When you join us, you’ll be part of a diverse, inclusive culture where your skills, experience, and voice are not only heard—but valued. We celebrate the differences in all of us and believe that our individual, unique perspectives is what makes Synchrony truly a great place to work. Together, we’re building a future where we can all belong, connect and turn ideals into action. Through the power of our 8 Diversity Networks+, with more than 60% of our workforce engaged, you’ll find community to connect with and opportunity to go beyond your passions.
This starts when you choose to apply for a role at Synchrony. We ensure all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
The salary range for this position is 75,000.00 – 150,000.00 USD Annual
Salaries are adjusted according to market in CA and Metro NY and some positions are bonus eligible.
Job Family Group:
Already a member? Sign In