BD Summer Intern Program 2021 - EDGE Intern
Franklin Lakes, NJ, USA | Becton Dickinson & Company
Functions:IT / Information Technology
Job Description:72 people have viewed this job
BD’s EDGE Summer Intern Program is designed to attract highly talented undergraduates who want to acquire practical work experience within Technology & Global Services, which encompasses Information Technology, Global Information Security, Business Process, Shared Services and EPMO.As an intern, you can expect projects that are both challenging and rewarding that also adds value to BD. You will work under the management of a BD associate who serves as your coach to aid and assist in your transition into the corporate environment. As part of the broader BD Intern Program, EDGE Interns participate in various networking events, career development sessions and team building activities.
Summer Interns who demonstrate solid performance and exhibit promising potential at BD will be considered as candidates for BD’s entry-level EDGE Program, upon successful completion of their Bachelor’s degree.
EDGE Summer Internship Value Proposition
The EDGE Summer Intern experience is enriched with:
- Business Impact – EDGE Summer Interns work on challenging and meaningful assignments that add business value across BD.
- Diversity – EDGE Summer Interns have the opportunity to collaborate with different teams across a wide range of locations.
- Coaching and Development – Peer Mentors and Managers provide the EDGE Summer Intern with career guidance and advice throughout the Internship.
- Leadership Visibility – The EDGE Summer Internship program is directly sponsored by the Chief Information Officer (CIO). EDGE Summer Interns also present their accomplishments at the end of the summer to the CIO, IT Leadership Team, IT Directors, IT Managers, and their Peers.
The goal of the EDGE Summer Internship is to enhance BD’s organizational vitality by developing a pipeline of candidates for the full-time EDGE Leadership Program. The vision of the full-time EDGE Program is to empower early-career professionals through immersive learning focused on technology enabled business solutions.
- Completion of Junior year towards a Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Data Science, Business Analytics or other Business/Technology related major.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Prior proven internship or Co-op experience in Information Technology or related field desired, but not required
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and strong leadership potential
- Ability to learn quickly, deal with ambiguity, take initiative and achieve results
- Excellent written and communications skills
- Proven organization and time management skills
Positions will be located at our Global Corporate Headquarters in Franklin Lakes, NJ. A housing stipend is provided.
In order to qualify for this position, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction as to duration.
Already a member? Sign In