BD Summer Intern Program 2021 - Quality Intern
Franklin Lakes, NJ, USA | Becton Dickinson & Company
Job Description:85 people have viewed this job
BD’s Quality Summer Intern Program is designed to attract highly talented undergraduates who want to acquire practical work experience within Quality, which encompasses Quality Systems, Quality Assurance, Quality Engineering, Manufacturing Quality, Quality Control and Continuous Improvement.As an intern, you can expect projects that are both challenging and rewarding that also adds value to BD. You will work under the management of a BD associate who serves as your coach to aid and assist in your transition into the corporate environment. Your project will either be part of the Corporate team or assigned to a specific business unit with BD. As part of the broader BD Intern Program, Quality Interns participate in various networking events, career development sessions and team building activities.
Quality Summer Internship Value Proposition
The Quality Summer Intern experience is enriched with:
- Business Impact – Quality Summer Interns work on challenging and meaningful assignments that add business value across BD.
- Diversity – Quality Summer Interns have the opportunity to collaborate with different teams across a wide range of locations.Coaching and
- Development – Peer Mentors and Managers provide the Quality Summer Intern with career guidance and advice throughout the Internship.
- Leadership Visibility – The Quality Summer Internship program is directly sponsored by the Chief Quality Officer (CQO). Quality Summer Interns also present their accomplishments at the end of the summer to the CQO, Quality Leadership Team, Quality Directors, Quality Managers, and their Peers.
The goal of the Quality Summer Internship is to enhance BD’s organizational vitality and to empower early-career professionals through immersive learning focused on the key role quality plays at BD and in the medical device industry to advance the world of health and ensure the safety of our patients.
- Completion of Junior year towards a bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Biology, Chemistry, Microbiology, Life Sciences or Quality Sciences.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0
- Prior internship or Co-op experience in Quality, Manufacturing, Engineering, or related field desired, but not required
- Demonstrated technical aptitude and strong leadership potential
- Ability to learn quickly, deal with ambiguity, take initiative and achieve results
- Excellent written and communications skills Proven organization and time management skills
Positions will be located at our Global Corporate Headquarters in Franklin Lakes, NJ. A housing stipend is provided. To ensure the safety of our associates, BD supports remote work where possible. This position is based in the listed location but is temporarily remote-based due to COVID-19.Any offer of employment is contingent upon the candidate reporting to work at the site if/when associates are requested to return to the workplace.
In order to qualify for this position, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction as to duration.
Already a member? Sign In