BD Summer Intern Program 2021 - Supply Chain Intern
Franklin Lakes, NJ, USA | Becton Dickinson & Company
Functions:Purchasing / Supply Chain / Logistics
Job Description:129 people have viewed this job
Join Us for an Information Session!
BD will be hosting an information session for our Supply Chain internship roles on Wednesday, February 24, 2021 at 3:00 pm EST, and on Thursday, February 25, 2021 at 4:00 pm EST.
Purpose of Position
The BD Supply Chain internship program is designed to provide students with the opportunity to link their education with practical Supply Chain experience.The Supply Chain Intern works on meaningful projects that are aligned with BD’s strategies focused on efficiency and savings.
1. Work with Integrated Supply Chain in the areas of either Customer Service, Supply Chain Optimization & CI, Distribution Operations or Transportation (Global/Domestic), identifying opportunities to improve overall supply chain operational efficiency and cost effectiveness.
2. Assist in the development and implementation of specific projects to achieve the identified improvement opportunities.
3. Provide supply chain performance visibility to Supply Chain Leadership to enable continuous improvement through metrics review, analytics, root cause investigation, and corrective action identification.
4. Collect, check for accuracy, and analyze quantitative and qualitative Supply Chain performance data; prepare internal scorecards and reports; analyze performance trends; perform diagnostics to identify potential causes of performance deterioration or improvement; identify potential corrective actions and improvement opportunities
5. Prepare and present findings to Supply Chain Leadership; gain alignment on corrective action and /or continuous improvement activities.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- General knowledge of supply chain management theory and best practice
- Undergraduate student pursuing a BS degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Operations Management and completion of the Junior Year of an Undergraduate program by the time the internship begins in May.
- GPA minimum of 3.3
- Prior internship/co-op experience
- Basic SAP knowledge
In order to qualify for this position, you must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction as to duration.
Already a member? Sign In