Business Development Director, Medtech and digital healthcare
Munich, Germany | Star
Job Description:67 people have viewed this job
If you are an energetic, empathetic, and execution-oriented professional who is experienced with, and passionate about, Medtech and digital healthcare – read on!
You will support and grow Star’s sales growth in DACH & BENELUX by positioning our Medtech and digital healthcare services portfolio (Strategy Consulting, Design Services, Software Development)!
At Star, we connect strategy, insights, design, and engineering into a seamless workflow devised to support our clients every step of the way—no matter how long or complex their journey. We anchor everything we do in clear and compelling endgames, which in turn enable our multidisciplinary teams to create superior solutions and impressive commercial returns for our clients.
Star is truly global. That is why we are the first major consulting company that does not have headquarters. Instead, we have many front doors, spanning Silicon Valley, Tokyo, London, Munich, Copenhagen, Kyiv, Wroclaw, Ho Chi Minh City, and other vibrant design, technology, and creative nuclei of the world. Our spirited and growing 750+ strong Star Crew takes great pride in working side by side with their trailblazing counterparts at some of the world’s most disruptive “unicorn” startups and iconic global brands like Lufthansa, Dolby Laboratories, BMW, Panasonic, Walmart, and Zeiss.
Our mission is to make every great person, every great idea, and every great company shine. That’s why we’re called Star.
We are looking for you: a Business Development professional who is passionate about working with clients and internal stakeholders to shape relationships, opportunities, and deals that meet their needs and leverage our unique value proposition.
You will work inside the commercial team in our Munich office, reporting to the Managing Director, and you will contribute to and benefit from our global Medtech and digital healthcare industry group.
As a Business Developer at Star, you are expected to manage and excel in all phases of the business development cycle:
• Work with the Managing Director, Health & Wellness Global Practice Lead, to define a go-to-market strategy for Medtech and digital healthcare in the DACH region;
• Generate leads from industry and networking events, working with our marketing team to ensure the appropriate field support;
• Own all new business within the Medtech and digital healthcare industries in the DACH region;
• Define marketing campaigns and generate high-quality content to generate inbound leads;
• Reach out to your existing rolodex of customers in the Medtech and digital healthcare network to develop new leads;
• Nurture your leads whether they originate from your own efforts, referrals, marketing programs, or our inside sales team;
• Identify and prioritize opportunities and collaborate with our pre-sales team to create winning proposals;
• Own your sales funnel ensuring that enough leads are touched at the top and managed through each stage of the funnel to become high quality and winnable deals;
• Spend a significant portion of time in the field, developing and leveraging relationships through personal meetings, presentations, networking, speaking engagements, or social outings;
• Manage existing customer relationships with project managers to ensure service delivery is satisfactory by maintaining project profitability and customer satisfaction targets;
• Work closely with the existing commercial team in the DACH region to win qualified deals, either by supporting their effort to close your leads, or taking your own leads all the way to a closed deal.
• 5+ years of sales/business development experience. Some of your sales experience must be in selling design, engineering, or consulting services within the Medtech, Life Sciences, and digital health industries;
• Thought leadership and specific knowledge of key topics including emerging technology trends and cutting-edge developments within the industry;
• The ability to identify and open new accounts as well as having an existing network in the Medtech and digital healthcare industry;
• Experience using consultative approaches to bring new clients on board through a disarming attitude, and an empathetic and strategic mindset;
• A proven ability to consistently meet and over-achieve sales targets;
• A demonstrated capability to manage all phases of the business development process, from market planning, personal outreach, lead identification to deal development;
• An understanding of regulatory environments;
• Fluently spoken and written English & German.
Nice to have:
• Experience with software platforms and technologies (web, mobile, cloud, embedded), and an early adopter mindset with a passion for the latest technology trends, apps, gadgets, and companies;
• Exposure to technology startups and corporate innovation ecosystems – either through direct employment, client relationships, or personal network;
• A balance of a self-starter mentality and an ability to adhere to processes;
• The ability to motivate and capture an audience with storytelling and being a big-picture thinker;
• A strong network within senior H&W and innovation management communities, spanning startups, corporate intrapreneurs, and influencers;
• Agile, open-minded, and comfortable with ambiguity;
• Self-driven, quick learner, and decisive.
Compensations and Benefits
We offer a rewarding compensation, and benefits package, an intellectually and creatively stimulating environment, professional flexibility, and unique international travel opportunities.
Star is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We believe that equity, diversity, and inclusion are key to our ability to provide our clients and crew members with unique business and career outcomes. Your race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability do not affect our hiring decisions. If you have a special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Already a member? Sign In