Business Development Director
Murray Hill, NJ, USA | Nokia
Job Description:98 people have viewed this job
The Business Development Director focuses on growth and IioT and is responsible for:
identifying, developing, coordinating Nokia Technologies’ growth areas, initiatives and plans, and
driving and leading business development activities relating to Industrial IoT (B2B IoT)
Ensures business success and tangible results by exploring, assessing and implementing new business models. Evaluates Nokia’s assets and the best way to monetize these, also providing insights into new areas of growth where Nokia may want to develop assets. Works with teams and individual contributors across Nokia Technologies and Nokia to achieve tangible business results.
Key tasks and responsibilities:
Strategic thinker with a strong focus on execution
Understands the market and key trends, uses data-driven modelling to develop insights into areas that Nokia Technologies shall focus on to drive growth in licensing, both overall and specifically in IioT.
Develops and executes strategic insights and recommendations, taking into account external trends, internal developments and market & competitive dynamics.
Identifies, analyzes, quantifies high-value licensing market opportunities, and those with the highest strategic impact.
Explores and implements new business models and strategic alternatives to drive growth and develop significant licensing opportunities.
Participates in strategic planning also providing insights into market and product direction, new business models and geographic expansion plans.
Influences business strategy to address internal or external opportunities. Ensures alignment of decisions with the overall business strategy.
Results-driven business development
Executes against Annual Plan and Long-Range Planning horizon.
Drives results, identifies and drives business development activities in areas with the highest potential to deliver profitable revenue growth.
Develops and drives Industrial IoT business development programs and activities for profitable revenue growth, coordinating with Nokia Technologies teams and units across Nokia, e.g. Nokia Bell Labs.
Identifies, assesses and implements new business models and ensures alignment of business and customer objectives to deliver sustainable growth.
Works with the licensing sales and licensing commercial management teams to ensure smooth handover of business development activities to drive profitable revenue growth.
Identifies, assesses and drives business development activities in areas with the highest strategic and financial impact for Nokia Technologies. Ensures focus on areas driving significant growth.
Nokia Technologies net sales in 2019 were c €1.5 billion, predominantly from Patent licensing.
Head of Licensing, Commercial Management
Head of Licensing Sales
Nokia Technologies CTO
Nokia Technologies Legal IP
President of Nokia Technologies
Nokia Technologies customers and external partners
Knowledge, Skills, Experience And Education Required:
· 12+ years of relevant work experience. Experience in leading licensing programs a considerable asset.
· Recognized leader in his/her field with a proven track record in driving results through business development and / or successful licensing initiatives and programs.
· Deep understanding of market and technology trends as well as customer needs.
· Business, Strategy, Legal or Technical education, at Master’s degree or equivalent experience level.
· Strategic thinker and results-focused with strong influencing skills and sense of urgency, maintaining an open and cooperative atmosphere.
· Thinks and acts creatively. Able to challenge ‘conventional wisdom’ in a constructive manner and inspire change.
· Able to identify new business opportunities and potential business models within incensing markets and continuously drive for revenue growth.
· Able to influence direction and strategy outside of line management structures. Delivering results working in matrixed organizations and virtual teams.
· Proven experience and success at executive-level stakeholder and customer relationship management.
· Strong project management skills, self-starter and completer-finisher. Able to deal with ambiguity and assess facts / take action independently; sufficient personal confidence for driving action.
· Able to work independently within agreed targets. An effective problem solver, ability to prioritize and keep things progressing in a global, hectic environment.
· Strong presence and great communication and communication skills. Able to handle complex situations and negotiations.
· Able to translate complex analyses and data to easily digestible messages, communications and presentations without ‘boiling the ocean’ or ‘drowning in data’.
· Great ability to listen, understand and share customer needs.
· Behaving consistently and advocating the company’s values and culture.
Already a member? Sign In