Business Development Manager - Finance
New York, NY, USA | King & Spalding
Job Description:54 people have viewed this job
ing & Spalding, a leading global law firm, seeks a Business Development Manager focusing on banking and institutional finance transactions and financial services litigation and disputes.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Banking and Institutional Finance Team as well as partners focused on financial disputes and litigation. This person will be responsible for implementing Business Development strategy, driving a range of new business and marketing initiatives, and leading pitches, proposals and directory submissions, and providing strategic business development support to events, sponsorships and conferences.
The Business Development Manager will have the following responsibilities:
• Identify and facilitate cross-selling opportunities for the financial services practices across the firm, including crafting and executing a range of go-to-market strategies around these opportunities.
• Organize and drive client targeting program for supported areas, including prompting and monitoring pursuit activities, and tracking and reporting on results.
• Conduct strategic research on potential clients, competitors and practice developments more broadly to identify business trends and opportunities and ensure that K&S is optimally positioned to grow market share.
• Develop value-driven content for dynamic presentations in connection with pitches and other new business opportunities, including leading on drafting and coordinating content for RFP responses.
• Craft and ensure regular updates and maintenance of marketing materials for the teams
• Collaborate with the firm’s events and branding teams to develop and deliver the idea conception and business development strategy around events, such as substantive symposia, networking receptions, client entertainment outings, etc., including working closely with participating lawyers and Marketing Department colleagues on invitation list development, event materials, participant tracking, on-site management and targeted follow-up activities.
• Identify and facilitate K&S participation in sponsorships, conferences, memberships and other key profile-building opportunities for the practice, office and individual lawyers in each.
• Collaborate with Business Development Managers for other K&S practice areas and industry initiatives on cross-selling and cross-practice initiatives, communications, and pursuits.
• Build effective agendas for team meetings and facilitate internal communications and knowledge sharing among team members and across the firm.
• Help coordinate of the teams’ marketing budgets: assist with vetting big-ticket requests and analyzing marketing expenses and effectiveness thereof.
• Manage legal directory and league ranking submissions, and assist the PR team in the generation of matters and other information for awards submissions and deal notifications.
• Oversee the upkeep and compilation of experience and matter lists for the teams.
• Manage the maintenance of client and target contact lists.
Successful candidates are flexible, forward thinking, proactive, energetic and detail oriented. Candidates are able to bring substantive knowledge and have the ability to work well with various stakeholders within the firm. Experience working with a team of busy partners and excellent project management skills are required, as well as the ability to demonstrate a capacity to self-start and work both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced, high-volume environment while interacting credibly and diplomatically with all levels in an organization. Candidates must have superior presentation, writing, and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to be proactive in tailoring communications effectively for different groups and stakeholders. Candidates must be able to incorporate feedback into their performance. Due to the highly sensitive nature of many of our matters, candidates must be able to be discreet and maintain confidentiality.
Candidates should have well-developed Microsoft Office skills, including PowerPoint, Word, and Excel, and be proficient in contact relationship management databases, such as InterAction. Candidates are required to have a bachelor’s degree in Government/Political Science, Business, Marketing or other related field. Candidates must have at least 5-8 years of experience in a business development or marketing role within a law firm or similar professional services environment with a strong understanding of finance.
We are proud of our remarkably cohesive culture, which now encompasses more than 2000 lawyers and business professionals in 23 offices worldwide. We seek to attract and develop the very best talent to work with us.
Already a member? Sign In