Business Development Sales Manager
Wahpeton, ND, USA | AGCO
Industry:Manufacturing (Light Industry / Consumer-Oriented)
Job Description:54 people have viewed this job
The primary role of the Business Development Sales Manager is to lead and grow the North American Sales of Wil-Rich and Wishek tillage equipment and Concord and Amity air seeding products as an employee of the AGCO-Amity JV, LLC. Leading a talented sales team of District Managers and Independent Representatives, this position will be responsible for growing the sales of current dealers and building the dealer network through recruitment and contracting new dealers. Developing business plans for each territory and dealer and executing to deliver the results of the plan will be the key to success for this position. The successful candidate will be motivated, a self-starter, goal oriented, and work well in a team environment. For more information on this position based in Wahpeton, ND or to apply for this exciting full time opportunity, please either email your resume directly to Cristine Leslie at firstname.lastname@example.org or apply via this system.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- You will be leading a sales team that includes both employee District Managers and Independent Representatives to achieve sales and distribution growth results in North America.
- Identify, analyze and prioritize open territories for sales potential, conduct market analysis and selects markets.
- Working with your sales team, manage the prospecting and appointment of new dealers in the territory and growing the relationship of current dealers. Identifies new Dealer/business opportunities to grow sales and develop new market segments that complement the company’s mission and goals.
- Evaluates and ranks multiple prospects in the dealer selection process, makes recommendations to the Executive Management team.
- Manages and executes the Dealer development process to include networking, prospecting, qualifying, interviewing, contract negotiation and proposal strategy to generate interest in becoming a Dealer
- Develops and maintains new dealer development planning program that provides business leaders with measurable goals, objectives, strategies, tactics, programs, and other pertinent information on perspective new dealers.
- Create and execute strategy and action plans to meet sales and territory development goals established by management.
- Set goals for team, evaluate performance, drive professional development along with recruiting and developing new sales talent to join the team.
- Implement sales/marketing policies, procedures and guidelines to deliver sales volume and create culture of accountability.
- Builds relationships with dealers in the US and Canada to maximize the dealer success in the areas of sales, service and parts for AAJV products.
- Responsible for coordinating all new dealer launch activities
- Promotes financially stable dealer network and reports and responds to dealer needs.
- Drives dealer profitability; encourages dealers to participate in all service schools, programs, and sales training opportunities.
- Reports problems, status, and attitudes of the dealer network to management, always promoting positive company/dealer relations.
- Closely monitors competitive dealer and manufacturer activities.
- Identify effective trade show and demonstration strategy for each region.
- Represent company at local trade association meetings to promote products and dealer development.
- Perform work in a safe manner, following all safety rules.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, engineering, or comparable discipline.
- 5+ years successful track record in sales and sales management in the farm equipment or construction equipment area.
- Documented success in business and dealer development, including dealer recruitment.
- Proven ability to lead and work with a sales team.
- Extensive understanding of parts/service/sales at dealer level, Dealership management experience preferred.
- Demonstrated initiative and ability to work both independently and in an team environment to organize and prioritize tasks to meet required deadlines.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, to create buy-in and drive cultural changes within all levels of the organization.
- Position is based in Wahpeton, ND and consists of an office environment but also requires traveling
Already a member? Sign In