Business Resiliency SOC Operations VP
New York, NY, USA | Morgan Stanley
Functions:Financial Services Professional
Job Description:52 people have viewed this job
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
Morgan Stanley at Work provides a suite of workplace financial solutions and is seeking to hire an experienced IT / Security professional to support SOC Examinations and Security Questionnaires operations.
This position will be part of a team professionals who support the MS at Work business. This position will have significant interaction with business personnel across multiple divisions and will work closely with lawyers in the Morgan Stanley Legal department, including risk, privacy, and compliance.
The primary role of this position will be to support the Corporate Client lifecycle from a Security inquiries perspective; driving efficiency related to SOC and Security Questionnaires in support of the business growth and retention initiatives. The position may also work with our business and legal teams on other contract, process, and security matters involving the equity administration business.
- Manage Pre-/Post-testing items related to SOC 1/SOC 2 examinations.
- Partner with Enterprise Privacy Officer to ensure adherence to Privacy Regulations
- Partner with Risk Lead to align control framework to meet client and regulatory requirements.
- Assist with implementing project to address multi-layer deficiencies and gaps
- Communicate risk and security issues in business context (i.e. translate technical risks to Business risks)
- Provide oversight of the Security Questionnaire process.
- Identify and assess the impact of control deficiencies
- Maintain high awareness of SOC & Privacy regulatory issues.
- Identify potential system improvement projects
- Provide project supervision role for staff
- Bachelor’s (required) or Master’s Degree in business, accounting, finance, computer science, information systems, engineering or a related discipline.
- 10 + years of experience as a IT Governance, Compliance and Controls professional
- Knowledge of technical security and controls standards, tools and techniques is preferred
- Exceptional understanding and implementation of control frameworks:COBIT, COSO, ITIL, NIST
- Proven business and project management skills including the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
- Strong analytical expertise, coupled with excellent verbal, written and facilitation/presentation skills to all levels, including C-Level audience.
- Enthusiastic and creative individual who is comfortable with a managing a change program and can help the organization evolve and improve efficiency, effectiveness, and speed.
- Manage extensive cross-group coordination at all levels of the organization utilizing outstanding people skills, demonstrating both impact and influence.
- Ability to think strategically, formulate plans and articulate recommendations.
- Excellent writing, presentation, and communications skills.
- Demonstrated Leadership skills
- Candid and courageous
- Excellence in execution
- Proven ability to exceed deadlines
- Ability to manage effectively and work closely with business leaders in a high pressure, fast paced, highly collaborative environment with multiple deadlines and competing priorities
- CISA, CISSP or CISM, CGEIT AND ITIL certification - preferred
Already a member? Sign In