Business Tax Services Manager Real Estate
Los Angeles, CA, USA | Deloitte Consulting
Functions:Accounting / Control
Consulting - Accounting
Job Description:53 people have viewed this job
Deloitte Tax LLP helps companies understand national, state and local, and international tax structures and align the tax function with business objectives.
We are currently looking for Managers for our Real Estate Tax practice. Deloitte Tax Managers use their experience in accounting and taxation to provide compliance and consulting services to federal and individual clients. They must be familiar with the tax consulting process and the professionalism necessary for the effective diagnosis, solution, development and implementation of clients' tax needs. Managers will have the opportunity to develop and pursue creative strategies while using the latest technologies.
As a Tax Manager within the Business Tax Services group, you will provide federal tax consulting and compliance services to a diverse client base in various industry sectors. You will work directly with the client, manage the tax engagement team, have access to an elite group of specialists when needed, and be connected to a strong support system from firm leadership to ensure you are set up for success in your role and career.
Responsibilities will include:
• Maintaining and developing strong client relationships on various federal tax consulting/compliance engagements.
• Advising clients on a variety of tax issues including accounting for income taxes, FTA (periods, methods & credits), tax provisions, tax compliance, business restructuring, and tax controversy.
• Overseeing complex federal tax compliance and consulting projects requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates.
• Managing engagement workflow, engagement team resources, and engagement billing.
• Providing leadership, counseling, and career guidance for the development and motivation of the engagement team.
Managers in our Deloitte Tax business conduct day-to-day management of accounts by delivering all tax consulting services to the client and bringing in specialists when necessary. Primary responsibilities include overseeing of complex tax research projects for clients; participation in engagements requiring tax analysis for a variety of entities and their affiliates; research and analysis of a wide range of tax issues related to business transactions and tax implications of financing techniques; and tax-planning responsibilities for our corporate and individual clients. They have responsibility for the development and motivation of engagement staff by providing them with leadership, counseling and career guidance. They have extensive technical experience and have developed their reputation in a given industry/service line.
At Deloitte Tax LLP, our Business Tax Services team provides expertise to clients to gain a competitive advantage by integrating tax strategy into their business operations while working within the confines of their individual risk profiles. Business Tax subject matter experts and industry specialists provide services relevant to our client’s business. Our team will assist with global tax challenges and transform the tax department to create greater impact and efficiency within our client’s organization. Our spectrum of business tax services are relevant for public and private companies and range from tax planning to tax compliance, controversy and risk management, specialized services including research and development, government incentives, and tax management consulting. Join us, and help clients optimize their tax functions and take strategy to the next level. Learn more about Deloitte Business Tax Services.
• 5+ years’ experience in federal taxation
• Solid understanding and experience with federal tax compliance, federal tax accounting and provisions, tax analysis, and tax research
• Solid understanding with accounting for income taxes in accordance to ASC740
• Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related field
• CPA certification if qualified to sit for the CPA; if not qualified, licensed attorney, enrolled agent, or other appropriate certification
• Excellent research and writing skills
• Excellent presentation and communications skills
• Strong management experience
• Able to travel up to 25%
• Advanced degree such as Masters of Tax, JD, and/or LLM
• Previous Big 4 or large CPA firm experience
Alrdeady a member? Sign In