Business Unit Controller
Montvale, NJ, USA | Ametek
Industry:Manufacturing (Light Industry / Consumer-Oriented)
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:102 people have viewed this job
This position is responsible for leading the global finance function within the Coining business unit of AMETEK.The Controller will be the business partner of the Division Vice President of the business unit and will need to proactively provide analysis to lend in the strategic decision making process.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
• Prepare monthly and year-end financial statements.Comply with all regular corporate reporting requirements supporting accounting, tax, and treasury functions.
• Prepare monthly business unit financial forecast with accuracy.Communicate monthly results to Corporate and Division staff.Reconcile sales and profit performance to forecast, budget, or prior year data using AMETEK reconciliation templates including “Schedule C” as required.
•Lead the preparation and management of Working Capital analysis.
•Coordinate and lead the budget preparation plan by engaging all levels of BU staff members and communicate the plan to the corporate executive office.
• Coordinate and lead the preparation of the Strategic Plan and annual Regional Operating Reviews.
• Monitor operating performance (Day 5 and 7 reporting) and implement actions required to achieve budgeted / forecasted goals.
• Provide financial information to internal customers (Day 5 and 7 reporting).
• Interface with outside advisors and auditors related to attestation and compliance matters.
• Maintain internal control systems including requirements for Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
• Review spending requests for capital expenditures, research and development projects, and major expense projects and provide financial guidance on business unit investments.Provide return on investment analysis to department managers as required.
• Oversee all aspects of accounts payable, accounts receivable, general accounting and cost accounting functions by leveraging the skills of the central finance group across the multi-sites.
• Assist DVP in ongoing assessment of the departmental human resource requirements (interview, hire, promote, discipline, discharge) ensuring fairness and consistency is maintained.
• Coach and develop finance staff members on issues relating to people skills, company policy, and good decision making skills.
• Support the Division VP & BU Manager with operational issues to insure profitable growth.
• Proven ability to build effective relationships and influence the decision making of senior executives.
• Executive presence with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Self-starter with strong strategic thinking skills.
• Demonstrated ability to consistently pull a wide variety of data into a well-constructed and supportable analysis.
• Experience in strategy, acquisition analysis, due diligence and integration transactions in related medium technology engineering based businesses is preferred, but not required.
• Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with a diverse group of people successfully.
• Open to the idea of learning and growing in the role
• Knowledge of Excel, Word, Powerpoint, Oracle and Hyperion financials, and query writing skills preferred; Navision knowledge a plus.
• Position requires up to 10% travel, including international travel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance. MBA is preferred, but not required.
• Minimum five to seven years’ experience in a manufacturing environment, preferably in a company with global presence.Public accounting experience is a plus, but not required.
• Navision and Hyperion Financial Management preferred
• Read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
• Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
• Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
• Calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
• Apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
• Define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Already a member? Sign In