CareAR Director Of Information Management
Remote, VT, USA | Xerox Learning Services
Job Description:51 people have viewed this job
Description & Requirements
About Xerox Holdings Corporation
For more than 100 years, Xerox has continually redefined the workplace experience. Harnessing our leadership position in office and production print technology, we’ve expanded into software and services to sustainably power today’s workforce. From the office to industrial environments, our differentiated business solutions and financial services are designed to make every day work better for clients — no matter where that work is being done. Today, Xerox scientists and engineers are continuing our legacy of innovation with disruptive technologies in digital transformation, augmented reality, robotic process automation, additive manufacturing, Industrial Internet of Things and cleantech. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
CareAR is seeking an experienced IT manager to oversee the organizational global internal technical environment. This person will be responsible and accountable for the smooth running of our computer systems within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs, and timelines. You will supervise the implementation and maintenance of our company’s internal technical stack. The successful candidate will have proven skills, a proven professional experience, and a detailed knowledge of industry’s best practice processes.
- Manage information technology and computer systems
- Maintain essential IT operations, including operating systems, security tools, applications, servers, email systems, laptops, desktops, software, and hardware
- Plan, organize, control, and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
- Handle business-critical IT tasks and systems administration
- Research and evaluate emerging technologies, hardware, and software
- Track and maintain hardware and software inventory
- Supervise one remote IT employee. Help with training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations, and appraising their performance
- Oversee outsourced IT services for support
- Design, develop, implement, and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Handle annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness
- Develop and execute disaster procedures, and maintain data backups
- Analyze department needs, identify vulnerabilities, and boost productivity, efficiency and accuracy to inform business decisions
- Ensure network components meet needs and work together seamlessly, using the full range of capabilities, and stay informed about new features and competitive solutions
- Continuously analyze current process, technologies, and vendors to identify areas of improvement
- Prepare cost benefits analysis reports when upgrades are necessary, continuously analyzing vendors to ensure they offer the best possible service and value for company needs
- Involved in the negotiation of major contracts. Sources and manages external partners, engaging with professionals in other related disciplines (e.g. procurement specialists, lawyers) as appropriate.
- Preferred: BS in Computer Science, MIS or similar field.
- 5+ years’ experience in IT management
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Expertise in data governance
- Expertise with implementing, configuring, and testing solutions
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Experience with or knowledge of programming languages and operating systems (MS Exchange, Active Directory, and other Windows-based systems), current equipment and technologies, enterprise backup and recovery procedures, and system performance monitoring
- Proven leadership skills
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion! People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking. © 2020 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries.
Already a member? Sign In