Estes Park, CO, USA | YMCA
Industry:Non-Profit / Social Enterprise
Operations / Production
Job Description:50 people have viewed this job
This position supports the work of the Estes Park Center, which operates a mission-based family and group conference and retreat center serving 150,000 guests annually. The Center Director is responsible for overseeing all facets of the day-to-day operations of the center and supervising/managing its team of department heads.
Must have a bachelor’s degree and a minimum of ten years management experience in hospitality, YMCA, camping or conference center operations.
Possess (or actively seek) and maintain Organizational Leader certification through the YMCA of the USA
Possess a valid, USA state-issued driver’s license, an acceptable driving record, and comply with YMCA driving rules to be approved to operate YMCA vehicles.
Possess stamina to work in the environment described herein.
Be able to traverse the property in adverse weather conditions. (ice, snow, rain, wind, below-freezing temperatures.)
Able to work at a desk for extended periods of time. (sitting, standing, computer, telephone)
Be able to occasionally travel to meet with donors and/or attend functions and meetings.
Ability to operate YMCA equipment, such as computer and telephone.
• Build, lead and supervise an effective staff team of department heads.
• Manage the Estes Park Center operations while creating a desirable culture for guests and staff.
• Develop and implement annual center budget and goals in collaboration with the department heads.
• Participate as part of the association’s leadership team and represent center to the YMCA Board of Directors.
• Actively maintain positive donor and member relations. Help to identify and develop potential donors.
• Significantly participate in the development and accountability of long-range planning and goals for the center and the Association.
• Develop and maintain positive relationships with community leaders including, but not limited to, those in business, church, nonprofit and government.
• Maintain high levels of guest service and programming to ensure Mission delivery to our members, families, groups, youth, staff, and volunteers.
• Plan, prioritize, and oversee capital building projects.
• Negotiate agreements with outside concessionaires for the center, subject to approval by CEO or CFO.
• Oversee safety program and procedures at the center to provide a safe experience for guests, campers, staff and volunteers.
• Serve as staff liaison for Buildings & Grounds, Land Use Committee of the Board of Directors.
Cause-Driven Leadership® Competencies
• Uphold and reflect the YMCA core values of Caring, Honesty, Respect, Responsibility and Faith in all functions
• Uphold the YMCA of the Rockies Mission, policies, and programs.
• Possess and demonstrate excellent customer service skills; for example, friendly, personable, helpful, patient, and professional.
• Support the YMCA of the Rockies safety program. Promote safe work practices and a safe environment for guests, members, and staff.
• Promote a cooperative, positive, and flexible atmosphere while working with others in a diverse community.
• Must meet acceptable criminal background check standards.
• All other duties as assigned.
Already a member? Sign In