Spokane, WA, USA | Robert Half International
Industry:HR / Recruitment Services
Functions:Accounting / Control
Job Description:147 people have viewed this job
A well-established financial management firm is seeking an experienced Chief Financial Officer to join their team.
The CFO can expect to focus on the following areas:
• Accounting Function – Maintain all internal books and records for the firm consistent with GAAP; maintain effective internal controls; prepare quarterly and annual budgets; prepare periodic financial statements for owner and third parties (as needed) with appropriate analysis. Manage human resources and benefits.
• Revenue Cycle/Client Invoicing – Process and reconcile quarterly management fees through use of portfolio management and custodian interfaces.
• Income Taxes – Prepare workpapers for outside tax preparer; estimates of taxable income for firm and owner; manage process; review tax returns.
• Operational and Internal Reporting – Prepare reports, schedules, surveys and other specialized documentation for custodian, team members, and owner.
• Industry Compliance and Risk Management – Assist internal CCO as needed to ensure regulatory compliance, risk reduction, and best practices adoption.
• Client Financial and Tax Planning – Work with the firm’s wealth managers to develop, complete, and present financial plans utilizing planning software and industry guidelines. Assist team members in addressing client tax questions and investment situations.
• Client, Team, and Owner Engagement – Build a working relationship with clients, encourage positive employee rapport with the firm, and be an advocate for the firm owner. Foster our TEAM atmosphere.
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting or business
• Current CPA license
• Minimum five years’ experience in public accounting
• Preferred securities licensure – Series 65
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
• Preferred proficiency in Sage accounting products
• Financial, tax, and retirement planning experience (2-4 years)
• Excellent verbal, writing, and listening skills
• Possess a client centric commitment
• Ability to organize and prioritize client needs and accounting responsibilities
• Recognize and embrace the supportive nature of this role
• Self-motivated, ability to work without direct supervision
• Desire to work in a small business environment in our community
• Team player, collaborative, able to work well in diverse groups and assignments
Robert Half Finance & Accounting, the world's leader in specialized financial staffing, provides exciting full-time opportunities in the areas of accounting, bookkeeping, finance, audit, taxation and more. We pioneered the professional staffing industry, and we've been successfully matching professionals with employers since 1948. Our proven proprietary processes, along with our relationships in 325 locations worldwide, allow us to provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company has appeared on Fortune® magazine’s list of “World's Most Admired Companies” since 1998, and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Apply for this job now or contact our nearest office at 888.490.5461 for additional information.
Already a member? Sign In