Channel Business Manager
Des Moines, IA, USA | Xerox Learning Services
Job Description:51 people have viewed this job
Description & Requirements
About Xerox Holdings Corporation
For more than 100 years, Xerox has continually redefined the workplace experience. Harnessing our leadership position in office and production print technology, we’ve expanded into software and services to sustainably power today’s workforce. From the office to industrial environments, our differentiated business solutions and financial services are designed to make every day work better for clients — no matter where that work is being done. Today, Xerox scientists and engineers are continuing our legacy of innovation with disruptive technologies in digital transformation, augmented reality, robotic process automation, additive manufacturing, Industrial Internet of Things and cleantech. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion.
Xerox Corporation is seeking a growth-oriented, driven and customer centric Channel Business Manager (CBM) located in the Upper Midwest.The key objective of this CBM is to meet or exceed performance objectives by gaining strategy alignment within the Upper Midwest through the associated group of assigned and recruited channel partners who sell Xerox products, solutions, and services.
The CBM is a major influencer of the Partner strategy and business performance. They are seen as a thought leader, industry expert and sought out by the Partner for strategic advice on business development opportunities.
The CBM is responsible for engaging with leaders of our channel partners to develop relationships based on achieving mutual, long term business success.
- Responsible for achieving sales results and year over year growth through the assigned and recruited partners within the geographic coverage area.
- Frequently interact with key major customers, channel partners and peer groups, and additional operating. companies at various management levels.
- Frequent travel will be necessary; up to 50%.
- Typically, the Channel Business Manager (CBM) role will deliver a total revenue of $2-5M which will be achieved by working with existing partners.
- The CBM is responsible for enabling our Partners to generate profitable revenue growth. Through a thorough understanding of the individual partners business model and drivers, and a strong financial understanding, along with a wealth of business, market, and competitive knowledge, they are able to drive this growth through tailoring of the relevant elements of the Xerox Value proposition to the partner business model which a differentiated level of consultancy to the partner.
- The CBM is responsible for managing their own coverage to deliver the business targets and drive the achievement of the partner commitment. This coverage of their partners should focus on strategies and tactics that work in the marketplace, recruitment, retention and development of the partners’ salesforce, and strategic business development planning and implementation to increase Xerox market share.
- The CBM needs have a full understanding of the growth areas of our portfolio (e.g., ConnectKey) and focus on the services element; Xerox Partner Print Services (XPPS). The CBM must be proficient at spotting opportunities, conducting assessments, and assisting in the sales cycle for XPPS.
- The CBM is accountable for all decisions that impact the partner and Xerox, including pricing sign-off.
- Grow strong and strategic relationships with each channel partner.
- Manage a differentiated experience for channel partners and customers.
- Gain an understanding of the local marketplace, and the key players that operate within it.
- Promote the Xerox value proposition to the channel and all its relevant components to the Partners based on the partners business model and drivers.
- Ensuring Partners understand their responsibilities and obligations within the Xerox partnership.
- Grow a broad support network across all stakeholder groups and act as a catalyst to drive business.
- Building an effective working relationship at a senior level to build trust and engagement from the Partners.
- Be a trusted business advisor influencing the Partners to influence the strategic direction, sales coverage planning, solution Management, Sales Management Process development and implementation, and resource investments.
- Advise and support Partners in developing a business plan to achieve the territory plan both in terms of revenue and units across the product ranges. Introducing innovative ideas, challenging current thinking, and achieving support from the key stakeholders.
- Analyze the Partners short-term and long-term business and financial performance to identify areas for improvement, and consulting with the Principal to develop action plans to close any strategic gaps.
- Rationalization of the channel through termination of relationships with failing channel partners without a negative impact to Xerox.
- Manage the internal and external resource aligned to the partner as defined in the Accountability Matrix to ensure efficient resolution of partner issues.
- Provide Xerox teams with regular feedback on the marketplace, market trends, business risk, program’s effectiveness, and Partners challenges and for proposing innovative solutions and actions plans.
- The CBM should demonstrate a powerful and robust understanding of the partners through a detailed account management process, including documentation of relevant partner and Xerox information
- The CBM will be expected to perform the role in adherence to the Channel Management Operational Excellence Standards.
- Bachelor’s Degree or significant sales experience.
- Significant demonstrable track record and results in channel / partnership management.
- Experience of operating in an indirect working environment, substantial sales, and marketing experience in a channel sales environment, including competitor information.
- Solid understanding of Profit and Loss Statements (P&L) and balance sheets.
- An in-depth knowledge and experience of the marketplace in which Xerox operates.
- Successful proven track record of achieving and exceeding sales targets.
- Successful proven track record of negotiating and influencing.
Xerox is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, gender identity or expression, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, use of a guide dog or service animal, military/veteran status, citizenship status, basis of genetic information, or any other group protected by law. Learn more at www.xerox.com and explore our commitment to diversity and inclusion! People with disabilities who need a reasonable accommodation to apply or compete for employment with Xerox may request such accommodation(s) by sending an e-mail to XeroxStaffingAdminCenter@xerox.com. Be sure to include your name, the job you are interested in, and the accommodation you are seeking. © 2020 Xerox Corporation. All rights reserved. Xerox® and Xerox and Design® are trademarks of Xerox Corporation in the United States and/or other countries
Already a member? Sign In