Chaplain (PRN /As Needed)
Rock Island, IL, USA | UnityPoint Health
Industry:Healthcare - Hospitals
Functions:Operations / Production
Job Description:58 people have viewed this job
This position provides spiritual support to patients, visitors and staff.This includes offering support (religious, spiritual, emotional, sacramental) to the diversity of persons present in a way that upholds the UPH FOCUS Values and adheres to the Chaplain Code of Ethics present in Association of Professional Chaplains (APC), Association of Clinical Pastoral Education (ACPE), the National Association of Catholic Chaplains (NACC) or the Association of Jewish Chaplain (NAJC).
· Emotional and/or spiritual/religious support to patients, family, visitors, and staff.
· Education and Advocacy:Assist staff in discerning ways to honor patients/families spiritual belief.Advocate for the patient when spiritual needs are not being effectively addressed.
Identify items that are minimally required to perform the essential functions of this position.
Preferred or Specialized
Not required to perform the essential functions of the position.
Must have Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school and one unit of Clinical Pastoral Education
Master of Divinity, Master of Theology or similar Masters Degree from an Accredited theological school and 1 Unit of CPE.
One Unit of CPE
· Strong pastoral identity and respect for all expressions of faith.
· Knowledge of inter- and intra-personal dynamics of human behavior.
· Effective communication skills (verbal and written)
Use of usual and customary equipment used to perform essential functions of the position.
Already a member? Sign In