Chief Administrative Officer
Boston, MA, USA | Boston Community Capital
Industry:Non-Profit / Social Enterprise
Job Description:85 people have viewed this job
BlueHub Capital seeks an experienced Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) to support our robust, sustainable non-profit organization in its thirty-five-year national effort to help build healthy communities where low-income people live and work. The successful candidate will have the skills to create and ensure the implementation of effective administrative and personnel policies and procedures to move BlueHub Capital and its mission forward. The CAO will work closely with the Chief Executive Officer, Chief Financial Officer and the leadership team to ensure that the administration of the various business lines, emerging programmatic initiatives and emerging investment initiatives support the overall business strategy and are consistent with each other and with our ambitious growth and mission goals. The successful CAO candidate will have excellent interpersonal and managerial skills and enjoy handling multiple undertakings at once. This role reports to the Chief Executive Officer and is based in Boston, MA.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The CAO will be responsible for:
· Management of all personnel matters and Human Resources (HR) – Responsible for all HR functions including, working with our existing PEO, HR database operations, Talent Acquisition, Onboarding, Employee Development and Training, Benefits and Compensation.
o Oversee annual Assessment process for all (40 – 50) employees, working closely with the CEO and CFO to complete review of raises and bonuses including surveys and consultant reports that review and benchmark salary and compensation.
o Collaborate with hiring managers and external search firms to help fill open positions. Work with Talent Acquisition Specialist to complete the recruiting and hiring process.
o Manage onboarding and coordinate training for new employees.
o Coordinate benefits and assess adequacy and provider responsiveness and capability including cost levels.
· Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Policies – Administer and propose plans and policies to promote broad based diversity and equity in the workplace. Develop training programs to enhance employee understanding on inclusion issues. Promote fair treatment, equality of opportunity, and fairness in access to information and resources. Foster an environment built on respect and dignity.
· Vendor Relationships and Management – Create policies and procedures that help BlueHub evaluate, select and manage vendors and suppliers who are broadly diverse and able to help BlueHub pursue its mission.
· Management of Administrative Staff - Optimize the use of administrative staff to provide effective assistance with purchasing, organizing events, and other support activities, as well as to ensure the smooth operation of reception.
· Management of Internal Communications – Responsible for ensuring all employees are kept informed and motivated. Supervise internal communication channels such as intranet, email bulletins, social media and regular newsletters.
· Compliance – Ensure organizational practices comply with federal and state contracting, employment and labor laws.
Ideal candidates will have 10+ years of substantial experience in a senior management role responsible for creating and executing policies and procedures within administration, vendor relations, HR, DEI, internal communications and compliance. The successful CAO candidate will be an intellectually curious, open-minded and well-rounded leader with exceptional interpersonal skills. They will have enthusiasm and strong aptitude for building community, as well as a demonstrated background implementing systems to simplify and standardize processes. The successful CAO will thrive in a collaborative, entrepreneurial environment that supports the business strategy.
Already a member? Sign In