Chief Architect / Shared Services
Chicago, IL, USA | Northern Trust
IT / Information Technology
Job Description:101 people have viewed this job
The candidate will need to strike the right balance between delivering business value and avoiding technical debt. The candidate will also be directly responsible for managing and delivering large automation projects. He/she will need to deliver value and manage the budget of automation initiatives around robotics, document management, natural language processing, machine learning etc. The ideal candidate will have a broad technical background, both from a legacy as well as emerging technology trends.
He/she will have a proven delivery track record in the automation space and be familiar with modern automation tools. In addition to this, the candidate must have a good understanding of Cash, Asset Servicing and Corporate (Risk, Compliance, HR and Finance) business domains.
Knowledge / Skills
1. Previous or current hands-on software development experience.
2. Knowledge of the financial services industry and in particular, a broad and deep understanding of products and services provided by Northern Trust.
3. Has an understanding of the shared services domains. (Cash, Asset Servicing, Risk and Compliance, HR, Finance)
4. Has knowledge and command of Architecture patterns which include Event driven, Multi Kernel, Micro Services, Multilayer, CQRS architecture patterns
5. Has deep understanding of Data Architecture, Data Governance & Data Analytics
6. Knowledge of development tools and languages like Java, Scala, Maven, Bamboo, Jenkins etc.
7. Strong knowledge of digital transformation and automation tools like robotics , BPM tools (eg.:Appian), document processing (eg: Kofax, Adobe).
8. Strong knowledge of security frameworks and controls.
9. Knowledge of modern application, messaging and network architectures. 10. Knowledge of software development methodologies and tools like Agile, using Jira.
1. Work with the business to identify solutions to existing problems and to identify new opportunities.
2. Influence the strategy and vision of senior decision makers through articulate communication and presentations.
3. Build strong relationships with key stakeholders.
4. Lead architects in the creation of new or enhanced functional, data and technical designs.
5. Take architecture ownership of strategic projects and provide end to end cross domain solutions.
6. Manage delivery of automation initiatives.
7. Manage a team of developers in the automation space.
8. Solve problems collaboratively.
9. Help define and articulate technical requirements.
10. Identify appropriate technical solutions that provide business value while mitigating technical debt.
11. Liaise with the Enterprise Architecture groups
12. Document and communicate the solutions to the business as well as the technology teams.
Experience Minimum of 15 years professional experience in leading development and architecture teams.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related degree preferred
Already a member? Sign In