Chief Business Development and Operations Officer
Chicago , IL, USA | University of Chicago
Job Description:62 people have viewed this job
As a member of the Executive Management Team, the Chief Business Development and Operations Officer serves as the senior leader in developing new business and strategic partnerships, identifying and negotiating new development opportunities, and overseeing development of products and services. Additional responsibilities include providing support to the Chief Executive Officer in the oversight of marketing, planning processes, finance, information technology, human resources, and the smooth running of the organization’s day-to-day activities.
- Develops new lines of business to achieve enterprise mission.
- Identifies and develops new business opportunities with existing and potential clients and manages enterprise sales pipeline.
- Drives and oversees product development, initiatives, and services.
- Identifies and implements client retention and growth strategies.
- Develops and maintains external relationships with foundations, key industry executives and associations (public relations presence).
- Pursues the development of strategic partnerships, relationships, and alliances.
- Supports the Chief Executive Officer in the oversight of marketing programs, public relations activities, and partner channels that increase the company's revenues and customer base.
- Aids the CEO in the guidance and expert advice to technical staff from the provider perspective regarding design systems and processes.
- Assists the CEO in the strategic planning process to ensure strategies align with market drivers and supports a customer intimate approach.
- Facilitates the CEO in the oversight of HR, IT, Administrative Staff, and Marketing to ensure smooth running firm operations.
- Implements objectives, as well as long-term strategic plans respective to enterprise focus.
- Identifies new external partners to advance strategic priorities. Ensures the communication and collaboration with internal and external community members and leadership to achieve strategic priorities.
- Performs other related work as needed.
- Minimum requirements include a college or university degree in related field.
- Minimum requirements include knowledge and skills developed through 7+ years of work experience in a related job discipline.
- MBA or equivalent education.
- Seven to ten years experience.
- Proven leadership skills as a senior executive leading a company or major division of an organization.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Effective interpersonal and customer relations skills.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other executives and leaders within the organization.
- Proven track record in successfully managing a profit center.
- Accomplished performance history building and developing successful teams.
- Working knowledge in a matrix management, for-profit organization.
- Background in environmental policy and advocacy.
Already a member? Sign In