Chief Data Scientist
Reston, VA, USA | BAE Systems
Job Description:84 people have viewed this job
- The Chief Data Scientist (CDS) shall have hands-on experience in the implementation in the latest published and pre-published papers on deep learning and computer vision algorithms.
- The CDS shall use the latest techniques and neural network parameters to implement new algorithms.
- The CDS shall rank order new algorithms to differentiate new algorithms from existing implemented algorithms based on processing cost, implementation time, capability and benefit to mission.
- The CDS shall report on state-of-the-art computer vision techniques and inform the government of the direction of implementation needed to keep systems current for operations.
- While based in Reston, the work location is in Washington Metropolitan Area at customer sites.
- This position is contingent on contract award.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 8 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- PhD in Data Science, Mathematics, Computer Science, or related field plus 5 years of experience working with deep neural networks to implement solutions for GEOINT automation.
- Knowledge of current engineering theories and practices inclusive of rules-based event processing, architectural activities to include system road maps/trade studies/prototypes, cloud computing, and simple, intuitive human-to-machine interface design, and executing large SAFe Agile programs.
- Imaginative, self-motivated, self-starter, excellent communicator including presentation skills, and strong leadership skills and the ability to interface with senior internal and customer personnel on significant community matters, often requiring coordination between organizations.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Structured Observation Management (SOM) and Activity Based Intelligence (ABI) domain experience (5-10 years)
- Ten+ years managing engineering development teams
- NSG customer experience
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills
- Ability to lead and conduct trade studies and analyze results
- Excellent communication and coordination skills
- Strong Geospatial background
Already a member? Sign In