Chief Data Scientist
Reston, VA, USA | BAE Systems
Job Description:59 people have viewed this job
Our employees work on the world’s most advanced electronics – from detecting threats for F-35 pilots to illuminating the night for soldiers. Spanning air, land, sea, and space, we are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we’re innovating for the future and, you can too. Our flexible work environment provides you a chance to change the world without giving up your personal life. We put our customers first – exemplified by our mission: “We Protect Those Who Protect Us®.” Sound like a team you want to be a part of? Come build your career with BAE Systems.
We are currently seeking a Chief Data Scientist (CDS) to join our team.
- The CDS shall have hands-on experience in the implementation in the latest published and pre-published papers on deep learning and computer vision algorithms.
- The CDS shall use the latest techniques and neural network parameters to implement new algorithms.
- The CDS shall rank order new algorithms to differentiate new algorithms from existing implemented algorithms based on processing cost, implementation time, capability and benefit to mission.
- The CDS shall report on state-of-the-art computer vision techniques and inform the government of the direction of implementation needed to keep systems current for operations.
- The CDS, while based in Reston, will work in the Washington Metropolitan Area supporting customer sites.
Typical Education & Experience
Typically a Bachelor's Degree and 12 years work experience or equivalent experience
Required Skills and Education
- PhD in Data Science, Mathematics, or Computer Science plus 5 years of experience working with deep neural networks to implement solutions for GEOINT automation.
- Knowledge of current engineering theories and practices inclusive of rules-based event processing, architectural activities to include system road maps/trade studies/prototypes, cloud computing, and simple, intuitive human-to-machine interface design, and executing large SAFe Agile programs.
- Imaginative, self-motivated, self-starter, excellent communicator including presentation skills and strong leadership skills, and the ability to interface with senior internal and customer personnel on significant community matters, often requiring coordination between organizations.
Preferred Skills and Education
- Structured Observation Management (SOM) and Activity Based Intelligence (ABI) domain experience (10-15 years)
- Fifteen+ years managing engineering development teams
- NSG customer experience
- Strong teamwork and leadership skills.
- Ability to lead and conduct trade studies and analyze results
- Excellent communication and coordination skills.
- Strong Geospatial background
Already a member? Sign In